News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.9K     9 

507 Long Branch

If there really is a need for more service on Roncesvalles (It is well-used, but does it really need more frequency than King?), you'd be better routing the Queen route north or just running a Roncesvalles streetcar from Queen to Bloor. That route might be short enough to actually be reliable.

Yes there is, but many are suggesting that since the point of the goal is to make the loop more easily accessible to the development, expanding pedestrians paths will accomplish the goals for a lower price. However, I don't know how far along the project is. It might be too far to stop.

Very easy since there is no final construction drawings as well no tender for construction.

All Metrolinx has to say, we want time to review it. Oh!! TTC would love this and too bad.

I don't support the location as it does not get service to the riders that need it today.

TTC cannot see the trees because of the water.

I'd have to agree, Adma. That intersection is already a mess, and adding yet another difficult left turn won't make it any better. I must say that if the number of people riding east of Roncesvalles is small, the number riding north to Dundas West from Long Branc must be truly minuscule. Why would you do it? Unless you're coming from a couple condos on the Queensway, there are lots of buses that would get you to the subway much quicker. They'd better hope those Polish butchers get really popular.

You should see the detail drawing TTC has shown the last 2 nights for that intersection.

Parkdale is up in arms over the propose route TTC wants.

TTC been warn they are heading for a court battle over this since a number of homes are to be torn down for the route.

I said my piece tonight.

Very easy since there is no final construction drawings as well no tender for construction.

All Metrolinx has to say, we want time to review it. Oh!! TTC would love this and too bad.

I don't support the location as it does not get service to the riders that need it today.

TTC cannot see the trees because of the water.

I think one of the things that needs to come out of the Metrolinx Regional Transportation Plan is jurisdiction.

If the TTC wants to move Humber Loop, should it even have to go through Metrolinx? Should Metrolinx be only responsible for projects that cross municipal boundaries, or should it take control of (some or all) service planning for the local systems? Those are all questions which are huge in impact, and could trickle down to simple questions like this thread is discussing.

He is talking about the 509 extension to Roncesvalles undergoing EA. A few houses would be removed for a station which is unnecessary but planned anyways in keeping with the TTCs "400m is too far to walk except on Bloor-Danforth" methodology to transit stop planning.

Maybe this has to do with Transit City which thus far has been vague about how to route from Dufferin gates to Queen/Roncesvalles.

Steve Munro recently posted that he's heard rumours of a 507 comeback on his website. This would be interesting and welcomed if the rumours prove to be true.

This is where a larger context is needed. Let's split the 501 and bring back the 507... and at the same time create a Humber Go Station at the Humber Loop. That way the 501 could be local, and people going downtown could take the train and be there in ten minutes. The Humber Loop should be even more of a meeting place between routes than it is now.

The problem with Humber Loop is that it's in a terrible location. It manages to be the closest transit stop to a Sobey's and absolutely nothing else. If the transfer point was in the Queen and Roncesvalles area, it would be a lot more convenient for more riders (and would better reflect passenger loads).

Humber Loop is probably going to become "Humber stop" as the TTC are planning a new, improved?, loop at ParkLawn. They had an EA and it may be built in 2009.

I don't see any point in running the 507 simply to Humber - might as well run it to at least Roncesvilles; it's not like there is any congestion between Humber loop and Roncesville that creates congestion (well i assume there isn't, as I'm in the east end at rush-hour).

Humber Loop is probably going to become "Humber stop" as the TTC are planning a new, improved?, loop at ParkLawn. They had an EA and it may be built in 2009.

Hmm, that's soon.

Come to think of it, Lakeshore/Park Lawn would make a good roundabout location...

Hmm, that's soon.

Come to think of it, Lakeshore/Park Lawn would make a good roundabout location...

Wrong Location and needs to be further west as it miss a node of riders now.

At the same time, because of the location, CANNOT increase the turning radius that should happen from day one. TTC Has fail to do this during the rebuilding of the system when they had the chance to do so.

Back