News   Aug 26, 2024
 408     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 419     0 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 534     2 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

You probably already know this, but it appears that the project we have been calling 'Telus Tower' is called 'Union Tower' by the developer, according to [URL="http://www.spectranet.ca/sior/downloads/presentations/JoeNesticMenkesPresentation.pdf]this report[/URL] posted by AlvinofDiaspar.

Bill

The list just hit the psychological barrier of 100 listed buildings (though 7 of those are listed under the 'Visions' category).

Built - 44
Buildings Under Construction - 8
Building Sites Undergoing Demolition/Site Prep/Excavation - 12
Residential, Hotel, or Mixed Use Towers In Sales - 4
Residential, Hotel, or Mixed Use Towers in Pre-Sales - 8
Approved Residential, Hotel, or Mixed Use Towers - 2
Proposals Not Yet Approved - 11
Rejected Proposals - 1
Proposed Office Towers - 3
Visions - 7

Grand Total: 100

Who could have imagined even 3 or 4 years ago there would be all these projects under construction and on the boards. Amazing!

Just looking at the number of projects in each stage of development, we have lots to enjoy going up now, more on their way soon, and lots to keep us busy in the years to come.

Online coverage of all projects

Is there a website that does a good job of covering all the construction projects in toronto? I can't seem to find anything that's user-friendly.

...or the closest thing to it.

I'm pretty sure that the picture for Bay Adelaide East Tower on the 400 foot list is actually showing the North Tower:
Bay-Adelaide_Centre_Tower_II.jpg

This shows them from a different angle, the white tower on the right is the North Tower, and the white tower on the left is the East Tower which is hidden in the previous picture:
BA-flyby.png

Site plan:
BA-Site_Plan.png

I think you're right.
I'll make the correction next time I update the list (which is usually once every 2-3 days).

Thanks.

Sure it's a good place to note it.

The Development Index is asking for an update. The last time I went through the first 5-6 pages and made sure all the developments were listed. I hope to be able to do this again relatively soon.

Also I've temporarily lost the ability to upload images, so the 400 foot list has a lot of outdated pictures. Once I regain this ability I have a new picture to load for every project (except for the Absolute Towers, no one has been taking photos of that site for some time).

Back