News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

40 & 50 Alexander St. and 55 Maitland Street - Village Green, Greenrock. 19s, 19s, 30s.

I went back 12 pages in Buildings and see no post, so here we go. The Village Green Property is up for sale in the heart of the Church Wellesley Village. A Greenrock property at 77 Davisville is also listed. It’s not known what can be proposed here, at the Village Green site, anything imaginable is possible. For for $100M+ (I’m guessing at the low end of a selling price) they won’t remain rentals, that’s simply not a wise investment for 700 existing rental units. Demolition of entire site for perhaps 5 point towers? Adding point towers to the property “as is”? I can see two point towers staggered at the north/west corner of the site with demolished & rebuilt underground footings and parking garage on Maitland St, perhaps even a tower on Alexander St between buildings #40 & 50. Here’s the site from Google maps with Alexander St at the bottom, and Maitland St at the top.
Any updates on 55 Maitland St.? Has the building been sold? Any news updates on what‘s planned? Is it feasible the building might be demolished and if so, when? Quite concerned because my sibling lives in that building and is not in a financial position to move/afford a significant rent increase. Thanks in advance for the info.

I have no inside info, but doesn't look like they've been sold yet.

If you refer to my previous post, for multiple reasons it's highly unlikely they'll be demolished and redeveloped.

Thanks for the info.
If there are any plans to redevelop here, the City will require rental replacement units of essentially the same size and the same number of bedrooms, so as discussed earlier in this thread, with the current separation distances between the buildings, it makes redevelopment here very tricky and likely prohibitively expensive, so I wouldn't worry about your sibling's accommodation needs at this point.

If there are any plans to redevelop here, the City will require rental replacement units of essentially the same size and the same number of bedrooms, so as discussed earlier in this thread, with the current separation distances between the buildings, it makes redevelopment here very tricky and likely prohibitively expensive, so I wouldn't worry about your sibling's accommodation needs at this point.

Thanks for the information.

Back