359     0 

2024 Mississauga Mayoral Byelection Transit Plans

1716350008417.png

That's uh... quite ambitious

... to say the least

View attachment 565783

... to say the least
Ridership is not there today or 10-20 years to justify the east-west lines other than Dundas. She too late for Dundas as it will be an BRT to meet ML plan for Dundas from Kipling to Hamilton.

Lakeshore west of Hurontario/Mississauga Rd will be a hard sale without totally rebuilding the street edge to support an LRT.

Back in 2005 before council, I called for 5 LRT including the Hurontario line, and that line goes back as far as 2002.

Derry is mainly employment and real low density wise.

The eastern haft of Eglinton is employment with the west in a better position to see density down the road.

Other than Lakeshore, the width of the roads will support an LRT easy.

View attachment 565783

... to say the least
The way I understand how this works is:

1. Promise something you can’t achieve
2. People focus on the “promise” part, and not on the “can’t achieve” part
3. Get into office
4. Kill any real plans
5. Focus on getting some part of your pie-in-the-sky idea going, even though it gets watered down like crazy
6. Complain about how you’re getting shafted
7. Deliver some tiny piece of infra a decade late

The way I understand how this works is:

1. Promise something you can’t achieve
2. People focus on the “promise” part, and not on the “can’t achieve” part
3. Get into office
4. Kill any real plans
5. Focus on getting some part of your pie-in-the-sky idea going, even though it gets watered down like crazy
6. Complain about how you’re getting shafted
7. Deliver some tiny piece of infra a decade late
It’s a full proof plan for politicians. The same as kicking and crying is a full proof plan for residents. Both parties equal to blame.

As for this councillor as mayor I recently called up to ask about how the city promised Bianca a street named after her on September 15 2019. If you can’t deliver on that promise which should be quite simple how do you expect me to think anything of substance can get done.

“… Also an update on naming a street after Bianca Andreescu:

I can confirm that Andreescu Way was approved by Council to be used to name a new street in the City, but it has not yet been selected for use. Most new roads in the City are built through development, and developers have a choice to use approved names from the City’s Street Names Reserve List, or to propose new ones.

For your information, it had previously been discussed with the former mayor’s office that the name be reserved for use in the downtown, and there have not very many new roads in the downtown since that time. However, that decision can be revisited with the new mayor in order to make the name more widely available for consideration.

Thank you kindly,”.

I’m guessing she thinks if she becomes mayor this can be rectified in the next century. The same year she’s ribbon cutting these LRTs.

Vote for me as I can meet your needs at a cost.

There is no such thing being frees as someone has to pay for it and it is you.

You want your taxes cut, what do you want to see cut or eliminated as well can you live without? How does it fit with other views?

What are you will to live without that you want to see down the road that doesn't exist today or more is needed?

Are you willing to see the city infrastructure fall apart by delaying work on it or willing to pay extra yearly to keep it in shape

Vote for me as I can meet your needs

At least it wasn't dipika 🥱 We need more fourplexes. Alvin wouldve made a great mayor though
The way I felt about the candidates, none were worth well voting for, but had to vote to have a say how things will be run. Don't vote, you get what you get and have no say how they run the city.

The way I felt about the candidates, none were worth well voting for, but had to vote to have a say how things will be run. Don't vote, you get what you get and have no say how they run the city.
True, I heard a lot of people talking about how Alvin's tax freeze was gonna be bad for the city and all but his views on other things especially transit made him the best overall candidate imo 🤷‍♂️

Back