News   May 14, 2024
 922     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 529     0 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder how long it will be before Etobicoke-Lakeshore starts swinging progressive. I was a little surprised with Eglinton-Lawrence.

Eglinton-Lawrence has long been a swing seat from red to blue.

Etobicoke Lakeshore voted NDP in the early 90s, then swung the other way.

I wonder how long it will be before Etobicoke-Lakeshore starts swinging progressive. I was a little surprised with Eglinton-Lawrence.
If one accounts for "Bailao left-moderates" among the progressive-adjacent, it might already be latently there-ish.

Eg-Law is too "Don Valley West West" in the E, and too "York South-Weston East" in the W. (And I also wonder how much certain voting demos--in this case, Jewish & Italian--make a difference)

Last edited:
Have to look at this Bradford number:

1687833888167.png

Once the heir apparent to Tory.......wow....

Doubled by Chloe Brown (who, btw, ran a respectable, and far better campaign than him).......but bloody Chris Sky within 1,300 votes....

Ouch!

He finished 8th....

Last edited:
Have to look at this Bradford number:

View attachment 488077

Once the heir apparent to Tory.......wow....

Doubled by Chloe Brown (who, btw, ran a respectable, and far better campaign than him.......but bloody Chris Sky within 1,300 votes....

Ouch!

He finished 8th....
A different kind of ouch: 4.7% in his home ward--Perruzza got 10.7% in *his* home ward...

Interesting that Saunders came a distant third even in Ford country. Doug might have been better off endorsing Bailao.

Don't we sometimes see people who vote for the Provincial PCs also vote for the Federal Liberals around the same time? Because, I presume, they have some notion of keeping the various political Parties in check? Possibly, even among Dofo's fanbase, these folk found themselves studying both Ford and Saunders, and thought: "Yeah, one bull-necked thug leading a local government is quite enough!"

A heart-warming thought: Odds are that Ford is currently grinding his teeth in impotent rage that his endorsement didn't do so hot. That Tory's endorsed candidate did better might make Thug even angrier. Tee hee.

Chris Saccoccia, known as Chris Sky, received over 7,700 votes in Toronto’s byelection. He made a name for himself after organizing rallies against COVID-19 public health orders across the country during the pandemic.

Saccoccia commented on the results as they trickled in, saying he “exposed the largest act of fraud in Canadian history.”

Chris Saccoccia, known as Chris Sky, received over 7,700 votes in Toronto’s byelection. He made a name for himself after organizing rallies against COVID-19 public health orders across the country during the pandemic.

Saccoccia commented on the results as they trickled in, saying he “exposed the largest act of fraud in Canadian history.”

He got that right, I am not sure how he got 7K.

AoD

Back