• Amy Klobuchar

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Michael Bloomberg

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even I know that term is offensive, going back to the bundle of wood used to start fires, the faggot.

Yup. I'm proud to be one! When someone calls me the F word, i just blow them a kiss. I want Mayor Pete to win. but he really needs do more to win over LGBTQIA+ Especially the trans community. Bernie has included trans care in his health plan.

Yup. I'm proud to be one! When someone calls me the F word, i just blow them a kiss. I want Mayor Pete to win. but he really needs do more to win over LGBTQIA+ Especially the trans community. Bernie has included trans care in his health plan.
Alrighty then, if you’re good, so am I. All that aside, I’d like someone young like Pete to challenge Trump. Enough of the 70+ set, jeez.

i remember in 2008 people saying no one would vote for a black man with a name like Barack Hussein Obama.

Pete Buttigieg is not a effeminate/stereotypical/flaming gay guy, He's a devout Christian war vet who eats Chick-fil-A. I think he will have no trouble winning over the rural white voters. Even if they don't agree with his "lifestyle" As for winning over black voters, yeah that will be a problem, and he can't win the election without that demographic.

This is the problem with US Politics and IMO one of the main reasons they do not get along well with other nations anymore.

In order to win an election a president needs to appeal the following:

-Gun rights activists
-Evangelicals
-African Americans
-LGTBQ voters
-Female voters
-Latinos
-The Rust Belt
-The Bible Belt

And the list goes on...

The US is so tied to party politics that no one party can appeal to everyone. The only person that can be the US president is a white, religious male who goes to church every sunday and strengthens the military.

I know Obama got elected but that was an anomaly. He was up against John McCain after 8 years of Republican drama in Iraq, he spoke of change which is what they US needed at the time. This is why Hilary did not get elected after his 2 terms in office.

If a US president is not religious he wont get elected. If he advocates for a small military he will be assassinated. If they advocate for free healthcare or stymieing unbridled capitalism they will be labeled a left-wing kook and end up as a lame duck.

This takes me back to my initial point.. I feel sorry for America. Their system is broken and there are so many personal interests involved that doing business with the US government is risky.

This may be a controversial point but when it comes to US politics, Americas political system is no less corrupt than Russia or any of the middle east countries.

I like Bernie, but I want to see the Republicans hemorrhage themselves with a gay couple in the White house. The the amount of the anti-LGBTQ bills across America under Trump/Pence is terrifying. It will only get worse if Trump gets re-elected.

It will only get worse if Trump gets re-elected.
In my lifetime (born 1971) only two US presidents have not been re-elected to a second term. Excluding the single term of the never elected Johnson, that’s Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush. Every other president has won two terms. The US economy is seemingly booming and post-impeachment Trump has never been so popular. I can’t see Trump not being elected to a second term.

In my lifetime (born 1971) only two US presidents have not been re-elected to a second term. Excluding the single term of the never elected Johnson, that’s Jimmy Carter and George HW Bush. Every other president has won two terms. The US economy is seemingly booming and post-impeachment Trump has never been so popular. I can’t see Trump not being elected to a second term.

Yes but the global image of America as a whole is not good. I always said that America does not do what is best for them, only what is idiotic and foolish.

Just when you think that Americans learned from Bush they elected Trump.

If Americans had any common sense they would go back to basics. Play nice with other nations, help others and work with other nations to better themselves.

This is one of things I miss about the USSR. Currently the US has nobody to balance them out like they did during the Cold War. From the end of WW2 to 1991 the US had to think before they acted. If they had invaded the middle east during the Cold War the Soviet Union would have brought about WW3.

The Cuban Missile crisis is a prime example, the US almost got their asses handed to them and from then until 1991 they had to think before they did anything.

Bringing this back on topic, Political Candidates today can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Now the US is the sole superpower and they can pretty much do whatever they want. There has not been any good candidates in US politics for years. Al Gore was the last respectable Democratic Candidate.

SC and Super Tuesday might give him a bit of a life.. But Bloomberg could totally shake up the race. I think the convention could come down to Sanders vs. Bloomberg.
I agree. And I'd say Bloomberg takes it. Sanders should have been the candidate in 2016, but he's too old and there's too much as stake now.

It's an odd system that Bloomberg can just sit back and wait for everyone to beat themselves up in the primaries and then swoop in with his billions to steal the show.

I agree. And I'd say Bloomberg takes it. Sanders should have been the candidate in 2016, but he's too old and there's too much as stake now.

It's an odd system that Bloomberg can just sit back and wait for everyone to beat themselves up in the primaries and then swoop in with his billions to steal the show.

There was an article online saying that Dems are scared that their potential candidate in Bloomberg is too far out there for them. The article claimed he was too much like Trump to win.

They were hoping Biden would win the nomination and there is now concern they may be treading into unknown and potentially uncomfortable territory.

Dems need to figure out it doesn't matter who they put in as their candidate - they just need to pick one instead of getting all caught up in infighting that will result in tearing themselves apart over ideological purity. That kind of bad taste will result in lower turnout and make their base easy prey for misinformation campaigns.

This year isn't that kind of an election, and they are blowing it by making the conversation about them (in a bad way) and not about you-know-who. You have a prez enabled by the Senate with an AG actively subverting the rule of law - and all the Dems are doing is catfighting with one another. That's out to F***** lunch.

AoD

Last edited:
Biden has to win South Carolina or he’s toast.

Presumably Warren has to drop out sooner or later but will she endorse Sanders after their recent spat?

Back