2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

2019 Ontario Liberal Leadership Race / Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitzie Hunter brought us into many of our current predicaments, including Doug Ford, through her and the Liberal leadership's cynical politics using the Scarborough Subway. Let us not forget that.

If she is running, I will be registering simply to vote for another candidate. I'd really prefer if our best chances to take down Doug Ford weren't dependent on her political acumen.

I think Philpott is tarnished because of the SNC Lavalin issue. Pupatello on the other hand would make for a better leadership candidate than the ones already announced.

I kinda believe the Ontario Liberals need a star candidate to revive the party, like Trudeau (or Garneau) in 2013. I am not sure who though.

I think Philpott is tarnished because of the SNC Lavalin issue. Pupatello on the other hand would make for a better leadership candidate than the ones already announced.

I kinda believe the Ontario Liberals need a star candidate to revive the party, like Trudeau (or Garneau) in 2013. I am not sure who though.

And Pupatello was the favourite in the toss up with Wynne for the OLP leadership campaign - it is almost natural for her to run, though you have to wonder if the times have moved past her for a comeback.

AoD

They 100% need a fresh / charismatic face. No more recycling of politicians from the era that lead to their complete demise. No Pupatello, no Del Duca. That generation of politicians should be done away with.

They 100% need a fresh / charismatic face. No more recycling of politicians from the era that lead to their complete demise. No Pupatello, no Del Duca. That generation of politicians should be done away with.

Even before that - they need to articulate what they stand for.

AoD

Even before that - they need to articulate what they stand for.

AoD

When I think about this topic, I can't help but play around with the idea of a Greater Golden Horseshoe centric party, as pie-in-the-sky of an idea that is. Right now with Ontario Liberal dissolution would be the time for such a thing to step in.

When I think about this topic, I can't help but play around with the idea of a Greater Golden Horseshoe centric party, as pie-in-the-sky of an idea that is. Right now with Ontario Liberal dissolution would be the time for such a thing to step in.

Maybe not just GGH - but Windsor-Ottawa corridor.

AoD

Pupatello lost last night in Windsor. Maybe another run for the OLP leadership?
I'll say it again like I said it before, Pupatello would have been much more fitting to win the Liberal leadership when she was up against Wynne much in the same way Elliott would have been much more fitting to be leader of the Cons over Ford.

Both parties seem like they're incapable of giving us anyone competent. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Libs somehow choosing Del Duca even if Jean Chretien came out of retirement and chose to run for leadership.

I absolutely agree that they need someone who can't be tied to the Wynne/McGuinty years. Why would you settle for someone with such a massive handicap right off the bat? It's illogical.

Squeaky clean, young-ish, and charismatic is the way to go. Lame ducks like Hunter and Del Duca are totally uninspiring candidates who wouldn't necessarily fare well even against a deeply unpopular Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back