News   Jul 15, 2024
 798     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 614     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

The magic 8 ball says...

magic-8-ball-All-Signs-point-to-one-direction1.jpg

From link.

Too late. If she wins she would not be a member of caucus. She would sit as an independent but it's too late to change affiliation for the remainder of the election.

I saw on Twitter that she is campaigning like she was never dropped by the CPC.

Upset, I doubt--or at least, not in his own right, as opposed to allowing a Con (or NDP?) up the middle. And Cannis was never exactly a bright caucus light. I'd see low-to-mid-single-digits likelier than victory in his case.

Going back to this, I was in Scarborough Centre tonight, and the signs ungrammatically suggesting voters "return back" John Cannis speak for themselves. (And sure enough, Mainstreet shows him in low-to-middle single digits.)

Ironically, I can see him splitting the *opposition* vote more than the Liberal vote.

The 17 year old girl story? More likely that they couldn't get corroboration.

The 17 year old girl story? More likely that they couldn't get corroboration.

Think the goal is to get it out there fake or real because deep down I think people could think Trudeau is capable of such behaviour as he seemed to be a pretty irresponsible spoiled rich kid in his 20s.

I hope it is not offical or true as this being true would rip the country apart into a partisan dark hole like America.

Trudeau won’t remove Liberal candidate for racist, sexist social media posts
By The Canadian Press
Sun., Oct. 6, 2019
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is calling comments made by a Liberal candidate in Nova Scotia in old social-media posts unacceptable, but he is not removing the candidate from the Liberal roster.

Jaime Battiste, who is running for the Liberals in the riding of Sydney-Victoria, issued an apology earlier this week after the Toronto Sun shared past racist and sexist remarks he had made on social media.
Trudeau called the language in the posts "unacceptable," but added that he is pleased Battiste apologized.

The Conservatives have called on Trudeau to fire Battiste in a post on the party's website, calling the candidate's past actions "disgusting and inexcusable" and zeroing in especially on the sexist comments, including one that joked that a woman's role is to clean, cook and fold laundry.
Earlier this week, the Conservative party ousted one of its candidates in British Columbia, Heather Leung in Burnaby-North Seymour, following media reports about disparaging comments she had made about the LGBTQ community.

When asked Sunday about whether he feels limited in his ability to censure candidates for past racist behaviours after photos and a video emerged in the first week of the campaign showing the Liberal leader wearing brownface or blackface makeup — Trudeau sidestepped the question.

He merely repeated that Battiste has taken responsibility for his behaviour and apologized.

Back