New York City
New York City Subway, Staten Island Railway, PATH

montreal-1.png

Montreal
STM

toronto-1.png

Toronto
TTC

Pickering would end up off past London's extreme right. And just the U in downtown, unlike the other cities in the link.

Last edited:
So.... how will line 2 get to Markham when it’s supposed to loop around and become Line 3?

- Paul

Extending Line 2 into Markham doesn't make sense anyway, because it would cross into Markham east of the area where most density is located.

However, extending Relief Line East into Markham (up to Hwy 7) might make sense eventually.

Before anyone says there is no density to support such extension, let's remember that it will take at least 20 years to even bring Relief Line East up to Sheppard, and only after that we can start evaluating the benefits of extending it further north. Both the density and the transit modal share might change substantially by that time.

So.... how will line 2 get to Markham when it’s supposed to loop around and become Line 3?

- Paul
I think I've found the answer here:
Ford Announces A Bold Vision To Stay Relevant In A Changing World
https://www.forbes.com/.../ford-announces-a-bold-vision-to-stay-relevant-in-a-changi...
Jan 9, 2018 - Ford's vision of a transportation 'cloud' for the future for cities is bold but can it deliver on its vision?

Subways in the clouds...

I realize I've posted this before, but man, Dougie is just begging for it:
Ah, but the strawberries, that's, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist, and I've had produced that key if they hadn't pulled the Caine out of action. I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer. [He pauses - looked at all the questioning faces that stared back at him, and realizes that he has been ranting and raving] Naturally, I can only cover these things from memory. If I left anything out, why, just ask me specific questions and I'll be glad to answer them, one by one.
- : The 'CoCaine Mutiny'...featuring Ford as Captain Queeg, of the Subway Torpedo Tubes...

Last edited:
I think I've found the answer here:
Ford Announces A Bold Vision To Stay Relevant In A Changing World
https://www.forbes.com/.../ford-announces-a-bold-vision-to-stay-relevant-in-a-changi...
Jan 9, 2018 - Ford's vision of a transportation 'cloud' for the future for cities is bold but can it deliver on its vision?

Well given that he wants to cut taxes, it is hard to expect him deliver anything "bold".

If he simply carries on with the projects already in the pipeline, we can kind of call it win-win.

Not fair!

Some of those peripheral New York City routes operate less trains than Lakeshore East/West which is missing from Toronto! With the $3 GO fares in 2019 (if not cancelled by Ford), it should become put on subway maps.

Well given that he wants to cut taxes, it is hard to expect him deliver anything "bold".

If he simply carries on with the projects already in the pipeline, we can kind of call it win-win.
It's a misprint. It's actually 'bald'...as in 'bald face liar'...
One can only hope, but to do so, it would take a degree of acumen never demonstrated by the man. To even think he has that capacity is to grant him far too much.

Where are the 'handlers' and 'able people' he was supposed to be surrounded by? That's a question for the Ford Apologists to answer.

Where is the reason? Anyone? So far it looks like the freakin' trainwreck so many of us predicted.

Not fair!

Some of those peripheral New York City routes operate less trains than Lakeshore East/West which is missing from Toronto! With the $3 GO fares in 2019 (if not cancelled by Ford), it should become put on subway maps.
If you add in the heavy rail routes on London and New York equivalent to GO, it makes the comparison even starkly worse.

Ford hasn't mentioned anything about GO Transit to those regions. He distinctly stated "subways". Be scared, be very scared...and even more scared of those who voted for him and still support him. Without anger in the streets, there can't be a (another) Palace Coup.

Back