News   Jul 16, 2024
 352     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Whoever wins in this election, will have to prepare for a coming recession caused by Doug Ford's idol, Donald Trump.

See link.

Top Business Economists Predict U.S. Could Face Recession in 2020

President Donald Trump’s major tax cuts will be a boon to the U.S. economy throughout 2018 and 2019, but the president’s other policies could lead to a new recession in 2020, according to a group of top business economists.

The latest quarterly outlook by the National Association for Business Economists states that its panel of 45 economists believe that the nation’s gross domestic product will grow by 2.8% this year, a decrease from the panel’s prediction in March of 2.9% GDP growth, according to the Associated Press.

The panelists forecasted that the nation’s GDP would grow by 2.7% in 2019.

However, the NABE panel also stated that the growth could be cut short by an upcoming recession, with two-thirds of the economists predicting that a recession will start by the end of 2020 and 18% believing that a decline could begin as soon as the end of 2019.

One of the biggest causes for the decline according to the economists are Trump’s current trade policies; three-fourths of the panelists predict that Trump’s imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from the Canada, Mexico, and the European Union, as well as tariffs on Chinese imports, will trigger a global trade war as the nations look to retaliate.

The question would be which party that will govern in Ontario would best help us all in a recession?

I don't want to hide the homeless, but just don't want beggars walking into traffic at Gardiner exits or when people are trying to bank - not huge asks IMO.

That's exactly where I want them so that they know that I am the wrong person to ask. Yes, that says - ; (n) ; and/or DR

The Sun ran a story by SAL that Gail Vaz-Oxlade was an NDP candidate. She is nothing of the sort. Literally fake news!
SAL's twattle has always been the definition of "fake news" or "alternative facts", propaganda and such to the rest of us.

The Sun ran a story by SAL that Gail Vaz-Oxlade was an NDP candidate. She is nothing of the sort. Literally fake news!
This all started because Gail blocked SAL on twitter. It's amazing what will get you on the front page. Gail is loving every minute of it!

Predictions from Thursday:

Ontario Proud is funded by the Russian Narrative
FPTP is a terrible system even though it elected Wynne and Trudeau in a similar fashion.

We can only hope the electorate will come it's collective senses and not vote in a PC majority.

You can't blame people for how they vote. You can, however, blame the idiotic electoral system.

Then again, some people only call for electoral reform when it suits their needs. Not naming any Trudeaus (eg)....er, names.

With a real electoral system, Ford wouldn't get a majority if he went around for years handing out 20s and singing "trust me".

I suppose so, cashflow being finite. But the intended environmental impact was never realized. I likely cut back on charitable givings, maybe ate out less, etc.

Or did you?

I'm probably safely assuming that your income is higher now with petrol at $1.40 than it was when petrol was $1.

If your income is the same, then you may have a point.

I suppose so, cashflow being finite. But the intended environmental impact was never realized. I likely cut back on charitable givings, maybe ate out less, etc.

Or did you?

I'm probably safely assuming that your income is higher now with petrol at $1.40 than it was when petrol was $1.

If your income is the same, then you may have a point.

You can't blame people for how they vote. You can, however, blame the idiotic electoral system.

Then again, some people only call for electoral reform when it suits their needs. Not naming any Trudeaus (eg)....er, names.

With a real electoral system, Ford wouldn't get a majority if he went around for years handing out 20s and singing "trust me".

Well now...its not too often you and I disagree, LOL

But this will be such a case.

I am all for throwing he electoral system under the proverbial bus.

But yes, I can, and I will hold people responsible for their voting choices, just as I do for any ignorance of the facts.

If media aren't thorough or are misleading they certainly have some responsibility; the same could be said of parties, candidates or various interest groups.

But as a voter, you are ultimately responsible to be thoughtful, to do some research, to carefully consider what are and are not facts, and to vote accordingly.

If you muddle that....you get no free pass from me.

Back