News   Jul 16, 2024
 241     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 478     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 598     2 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

I just tried watching the debate, sorry, my patience is limited. It's like a fight in a kindergarten playground. (Edit: More like being stuck at a friend's place where their family is drunk, arguing, and falling over taking swipes at each other) At least Wynne has a grasp of the facts, and she's doomed.

And as far as I'm concerned at this point, Horwath has just blown her chance to win by being so obnoxious and unable to play by the rules of debate. I might tune back in later when the moderators ask questions to specific candidates.

Addendum: I tried again, it's unbearable.

Last edited:
From what little I can bear to watch, I say the clear winner is Wynne. Horwath and Ford are two fools arguing to see who's the bigger one. They both scare the hell out of me in their both being so incredibly inept, unavailed of the facts and *boring*!

The debate is poorly set-up. Only one person should have an open mike save for declared 'free-for-alls'.

Last edited:
Ford: "We're ready to form government — unlike the NDP, they have radical activists as candidates, absolutely radical activists that get their inspiration from Adolf Hitler."

I didn't have the stomach to actually sit through this, figured I'd catch the recaps online. But holy shit. Did Ford really say this?

I didn't have the stomach to actually sit through this, figured I'd catch the recaps online. But holy shit. Did Ford really say this?
I've figured out that's the only way to sit through this, get them to STFU, and read what someone has already filtered into cogent statements. Horwath's voice grates my nerves, and Ford grates my sense of intellect.

Horwath is the winner of the longest run-on sentence...ever...all in the same droning tone. OMG...

And yes, Ford did actually say that. I blame it on a stuck sphincter valve. The lower one.

And as far as I'm concerned at this point, Horwath has just blown her chance to win by being so obnoxious and unable to play by the rules of debate.

If Wynne is, as you say, "doomed" and Ford out-blew Horwath, then a potential win by default, wouldn't you say?

KW I think did OK in terms of stopping the bleeding at least.
Yeah...Jesus...If it was an emergency situation on a run-away bus or something of the like, I'd tell Horwath and Ford to get the hell out of the way, and let the man do the driving, and I say that in no disrespect what-so-ever of Wynne's gender choice. She just has the smarts and the balls to do what's necessary.

Now if there were some way to to transfer her brain into Horwath's head, we'd be in Fat City.

I honestly feel a bit guilty now in seeing by far the best of The Three Stooges doomed to see her airship go down in flames. Ford must not win, but Horwath is unbearable. And truly stupid and insipid at times. She doesn't know how to play cards, let alone debate. Or when to keep her mouth shut. There's an art to interjecting, she doesn't have it.
If Wynne is, as you say, "doomed" and Ford out-blew Horwath, then a potential win by default, wouldn't you say?
It's brutal, like trying to decide whether you prefer death by rusty razor blade, or jagged knife. By swallowing them until you bleed to death.

"Anything but Ford" stands. Horwath it must be, but my God, what a mess she's going to make...

In Toronto Centre, the NDP are dominating, 45%-27%.

Somehow, I didn't think this would be the rare Liberal shoo-in prognosticators were predicting--that's what happens when you're projecting from a skewed-through-redistribution-relative-to-neighbours 2014 sample...

Incidentally, today I saw more NDP signs along Ranee in Eg-Law than I was counting on, and a few surprising NDP front-lawners in Leaside (i.e. Wynne's DVW). But in the stretch of Scarb Centre I passed through, I saw nothing but Lib and PC, even though the wave-ing NDP *should* be more competitive there than in Eg-Law or either of the Don Valleys. If Team Andrea wants to show it means business, it's still got to assert its profile where it matters...

Back