News   Jul 17, 2024
 162     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 750     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

Chow will announce in 2 weeks. Tory has the headlines right now, pushing Stintz out of the limelight. Chow will wait to have the spotlight all to herself.

In the end Ford could all but guarentee a left wing victory, he is going to steal the "far core right" almost no matter what, leaving the more competent right wingers to fight over the scraps. I don't expect Stintz, Soknaki, and Tory to all make it to the final vote, but even if you have 3 people on the right and 1 on the left you have a significant gap there..

John Tory and Nick Kouvalis ensuring that Karen Stintz doesn't get to register first tomorrow morning:

[video=youtube;2quc-iQ96R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2quc-iQ96R0[/video]

I guess they've been waiting for Stintz to announce all this time, to steal her spotlight.

I don't think I will be voting Tory, not with Soknacki around. Something sits ill with me about him.

John Tory is huge on improving infrastructure. He knows the billions of dollars that congestion costs the GTA in lost revenue. If he promises the DRL then he has my vote hands down. He's a great combo: a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. Is Olivia Chow actually going to run? Why bother? We have our new leader.

John Tory is huge on improving infrastructure. He knows the billions of dollars that congestion costs the GTA in lost revenue. If he promises the DRL then he has my vote hands down. He's a great combo: a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. Is Olivia Chow actually going to run? Why bother? We have our new leader.

I have a sense that Chow doesn't really want to become mayor. I don't think she really wants to return to municipal politics, but the left is pushing and pressuring her to run. You can tell that Soknacki, Stintz and Tory all want to actually be the leader of Toronto city council. I can't tell at all if Chow does want to be that leader. I would rather see Chow keeps her job as a MP and see Stintz or Tory get elected Mayor of Toronto.

John Tory is running for Mayor.

As if the writing hadn't already been on the wall for months, this is now officially the much deserved final nail in the coffin for Rob Ford.

I'm still a bit annoyed at Tory for not running in 2010 and sparing us this disaster of a mayoralty, but he's got my vote, guaranteed - it would take a pretty stunning development for me to even consider voting for anyone else, plus his top priority is a new subway downtown, where it actually make sense. That's music to my ears.

Soknacki is one to keep an eye on though.

Let the campaign run it's course guys, every mayoral candidate is going to be promising the DRL, and come October there is a fairly good chance the province will have funded it. The more important thing isn't going to be who is flashing the shiny new toy, see how they want to pay for it. Another big transit improvement would be to promise to restore crowding levels to pre ford cut levels. That's something I know I will be looking for when It comes to vote, something Beyond the base shell of a promise for a DRL.

Last edited:
John Tory is a 3 time loser or was it 4? He should have quit politics the last time he lost.

John Tory is a 3 time loser or was it 4? He should have quit politics the last time he lost.

A year ago, I doubt anyone thought John Tory would run again for the mayor's job. However, he had A LOT of people push him to consider a run the moment the Ford crack story hit the news. I do think Tory truly wants to be mayor and if elected, he would be an effective mayor. I have to say that Tory has a hell of a campaign team with him. Plus, his message in his first campaign video is rather good. It's simple and to the point. I think Tory has a big shot at winning in October. My support is still with Karen Stintz though.

The Relief Line is coming regardless of who wins this election. Any candidate who "promises" a Relief Line is just riding on the coattails of a provincial initiative.

Back