News   Jul 23, 2024
 478     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 542     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.5K     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

We have to know we Ford was elected to prevent it. And not everyone checks both threads.
it's just one of many comments the CBC invited its readers to post, not a journalist's column. There's no value in it.

But I'll give you a little credit -- at least this time you didn't start a new thread for this earth-shattering news.

it's just one of many comments the CBC invited its readers to post, not a journalist's column. There's no value in it.

But I'll give you a little credit -- at least this time you didn't start a new thread for this piece of earth-shattering news.
It's not a CBC comment, it was part of a series and I don't why you have a problem with this. You have the right not to comment and you did.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._toronto_mayoral_race_ford_back_in_third.html

Two polls which aren't worth the paper they're written on don't matter that much. I think this is an attempt to create momentum behind Tory with two polls explicitly done by or paid for by people sympathetic to a Tory mayoralty. Fake it until you make it. I find it very interesting that "live interviews" were used, but the report is silent on whether we are dealing only with landlines here. I suspect we are.

The media release from Maple Leaf Strategies gets us no closer to an answer.

http://mapleleafstrategies.com/mapl...-in-toronto-mayoral-race-mayor-ford-in-third/

Forum's issues with its polling are well-known. They are trying to walk off so many embarrassments that any poll they put out should be accompanied by a big flashing neon asterisk.

So it seems like Tory has hit his stride. Any reasons Chow is falling apart.

Does anyone else find Olivia Chow's cadence unbearable? I've had to fast forward through most of her parts when watching the debates online. Not to mention her talking points are about as original and exciting as Rob Ford's. Why doesn't the left drop her and put their support behind David Soknacki (someone that will actually do great things for this city)? Does anyone seriously believe Olivia Chow is more intelligent and creative than Soks Fifth Avenue? Put your ideology aside. Those on the left don't need to support Chow just because she's Jack Layton's widow and not a conservative. I'm surprised that anyone can feel any passion for this woman. Soknacki is the only genuine, honest candidate of the bunch.

Last edited:
As others have posted, I too get the sense that Olivia is doing this because people wanted/expected her to. I never sense any passion for the job from her. Underwhelming pretty much sums up her campaign so far.

As others have posted, I too get the sense that Olivia is doing this because people wanted/expected her to. I never sense any passion for the job from her. Underwhelming pretty much sums up her campaign so far.

This should be her campaign song: [video=youtube;MkN_qkN5JLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkN_qkN5JLQ[/video]

Yep. Pretty much. Lots of people here trash John Tory but at least he actually wants to be mayor and work on the issues. You can see his passion. I doubt Olivia Chow would be heartbroken if she isn't elected.

Soknacki is the only genuine, honest candidate of the bunch.

The fact is Soknacki isn't gaining more support in his bid. Hell, he has lost some support to Tory, and he has been stuck behind 3 other candidates since he entered the race 8 months ago. This election is about Olivia Chow, John Tory and unfortunately Rob Ford. It's all about who is best placed to defeat Ford. The chances of David Soknacki becoming Mayor of Toronto are slim to none at this point and there doesn't seem to be any game changer coming. I know some people will say different but I don't see this guy gaining any traction. He is toast. Sorry but he is. We will most likely be seeing a Mayor John Tory (I hope) or Mayor Olivia Chow later this year.

All that said, Soknacki is a pretty smart guy with a few decent ideas. Like what I think Karen Stintz should do, I think he should drop out of this race and start looking at trying to get elected in either the provincial government or the federal government.

Stintz is a ditz. I hope she just goes away. There, I said it.

I like Soks, but I do wish he had gained some ground in the past months. I hope he stays in politics though.

Back