News   Jul 19, 2024
 276     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Three in Scarborough? One in York?

The only one that jumps to mind is in Etobicoke. I thought Mammo in North York might have some issues. I don't think Moeser has less than 4 years to live ... and I really can't think who the other 2 in Scarborough, and the one in York is.

Cho 76+
Kelly 72+
Moeser 71+
DiGiorgio 68+

Honestly why do these individuals hope to remain as councilor?

Just retire already and enjoy the rest of your days away from the stresses of city hall.

Honestly why do these individuals hope to remain as councilor?

Just retire already and enjoy the rest of your days away from the stresses of city hall.
Perhaps this is a justification for making sure that MPs, MPPs, and councillors have an excellent pension plan.

Hmm ... which makes me wonder ... what is the councillors pension plan compared to MPs and MPPs? If we improved it, would we get more fresh blood?

It will be ridiculous if we would have to have by-elections in Mammo's and Rob's wards so immediately after the election...

Nothing could be as bad at the Liberal MLA (i.e. MPP) (Gary Keating) from New Brunswick. His party won a majority and 3 weeks after the election he decides to quit. He was not even sworn in before he quit. As long as the Councillors in question make it to December 1, they will be better than him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/14/gary-keating-quits-new-brunswick_n_5986096.html

Perhaps this is a justification for making sure that MPs, MPPs, and councillors have an excellent pension plan.

Hmm ... which makes me wonder ... what is the councillors pension plan compared to MPs and MPPs? If we improved it, would we get more fresh blood?

They have what every other municipal worker has....OMERS+their severance...nothing more..however I stand to be corrected

Last edited:
Whoops should have been a plus sign rather than equals OMERS (at retirement age)+Severance (on retirement or defeat)
Sorry, I was unclear....
I've no idea what an OMERS is, or what it's worth to someone who is a councillor for 8-12 years ... what never having been a civil servant.

I've no idea what an OMERS is, or what it's worth to someone who is a councillor for 8-12 years ... what never having been a civil servant.

I believe it is short for Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement Savings plan...it is an umbrella organization for all municipal employees in Ontario

A Pension fund just like the teachers that the Fords would love to tap into for their P3 subway nirvana....

I would think that Mammo is running scared now with the DelMastro verdict that has come down...I should think his days are numbered as a Councillor...Anyone have any idea when Mammo's trial for the Compliance Audit is scheduled?

I dare say he's too dull to see the parallels.

Already, Rob Ford is attacking councillors about their expenses. See link to Toronto Sun.

They should be dipping into their family business coffers and inheritance, like Rob & Doug. Where else does he get his note pads & pens from, but from Deco?

I don't see the problem with public officials' expenses. I work full time, pay about 14ishK in taxes a year and would much rather all councillors use up their full allotment than have my taxes go to pay someone like Ford's salary. He's still going on about "respect for taxpayers"....well, as a taxpayer I dare say he's done nothing but disrespect me.

Ward 39 must be so proud of electing Jim Karygiannis. He and Mammo held up a committee meeting for 20 minutes with their ranting.

Back