News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 573     0 

2014 mayoral election prediction

Everyone: I feel that the turnout for Monday's Election is going to remain high and with what is at stake in Toronto
it looks like John Tory is ahead of the field and may be elected Toronto's next Mayor...

I don't really care for predictions but one thing is for sure: RF will be termed "former Mayor" this coming Tuesday...

This election will be one of the most-watched in Canadian history and the outcome is going to be interesting...

LI MIKE

I think the term is Mayor Rob Ford Emeritus. (def. retired or honorably discharged from active professional duty but retaining the title of one's office or position) Don't know about the "honorably" part.

Mayoral predictions:

50% - Tory
30% - Ford
18% - Chow
2% - Other

I think Chow's numbers will drop into the teens with soft Chow supporters holding their nose and voting for Tory last minute to keep DoFo out.

Council predictions:

- Gary Crawford, Ron Moeser, Frank Di Georgio, John Parker, Mike Grimes get tossed
- Russ Ford pulls an "upset" over Mark Grimes
- Fletcher holds off Liz West and Jane Farrow
- Lekan Olowoye ekes out a win in the heated York-South Weston race
- Palacio, Mams and Shiner miraculously get re-elected

Last edited:
Mayoral predictions:

50% - Tory
30% - Ford
18% - Chow
2% - Other

I think Chow's numbers will drop into the teens with soft Chow supporters holding their nose and voting for Tory last minute to keep DoFo out.

Council predictions:

- Gary Crawford, Ron Moeser, Frank Di Georgio, John Parker, Mike Grimes get tossed
- Russ Ford pulls an "upset" over Mark Grimes
- Fletcher holds off Liz West and Jane Farrow
- Lekan Olowoye ekes out a win in the heated York-South Weston race
- Palacio, Mams and Shiner miraculously get re-elected

I'll be amazed if Tory can reach 50%

I will find it sad as hell if DoFo gets 30ish%.

Wtf kind of city are we living in if that many people find the Fords acceptable? Then we wonder why the ROC hates us.

Not that it will happen, but I'd hope for Tory to get more than 50%. A strong mandate makes negotiating with the feds and the province so much easier.

Not that it will happen, but I'd hope for Tory to get more than 50%. A strong mandate makes negotiating with the feds and the province so much easier.

Tory will win no matter how many votes he gets. I just want Ford in 3rd place.

Tory - 44%
Ford - 31%
Chow - 20%
Other - 5%

Mayor John Tory has a nice ring to it.

Finally, a prediction that seems reasonable. Since I have to be different, I choose:

Tory - 43%
Ford - 33%
Chow - 22%
Other - 2%

Tory - 47
Ford - 27
Chow - 21
Other - 5

Back