News   Aug 29, 2024
 686     1 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Aug 29, 2024
 556     1 

2008 Urban Toronto Community Project

I suggested to Desi in another thread to try adding some visuals to get his point across...

troll.jpg

I suggested to Desi in another thread to try adding some visuals to get his point across...

troll.jpg

not troll though sober now i dont need to prove where i come from or nothing just saying it nice yall helping out and everything you know making other people lives a lil better.
i brown live in rex in mount olive. came here during 90z to escape war, poverty, persecution on religion in punjab.

edit- also just saw churchill on the name that good. churchill was a troll hate that man

UrbanToronto – Live Human Interaction??????

More big doings in the Entertainment District will be announced on Monday (April 14) at yet another of Adam Vaughan’s Ward 20 Development Proposals. The event is scheduled for 7-9pm in Room 304 at Metro Hall. On the roster for Monday are the following:

1. 21 Widmer
2. Nelson/Duncan/Richmond
3. Peter/Richmond
4. Adelaide/John
5. 352 Front

Anyhoo, spring has sprung and I’m feeling a little less misanthropic these days, so I was wondering whether any of you fine people/avatars/sockpuppets would be interested in taking advantage of Councillor Vaughan’s event to gather amongst ourselves for a meet-and-greet. If the weather’s nice and we’re feeling active, we might even stroll to the sites in question. Anyone interested? Howsabout the Elephant & Castle?

parkingday6.jpg

Transportation Tuesday is usually focused on getting from one place to another, but sometimes you’ve got to slow down and take a break from transit. It’s time to mark your calendars, plan your park, and get ready to claim a space (or two or three) for Park(ing) Day coming up on September 19, 2008. This annual event is a guerrilla gardening take-over of public spaces otherwise designated for cars and turning them into “park(ing)” spaces, or public parks. Growing year to year, Park(ing) Day 2008 is going to be a global experience that shows how green our cities could be if designed for people instead of cars.

repark1.jpg

Last year 58 park(ing) spots were identified in San Francisco, 45 in Los Angeles, and 25 in NYC with additional participants in Washington DC, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, St. Paul, Boston, Austin, Salt Lake City, Tampa, and Miami. Park(ing) Day is reaching worldwide to London, Bremen, Utrecht, Barcelona, Valencia, Munich, Rio de Janerio, and more.

Originally conceived by ReBar, a San Francisco-based art collective, in 2005, Park(ing) Day is an international one-day event that calls all artists, activist, and citizens together to temporarily take over parking spots turning them into temporary public parks. Not only does it make us rethink the way streets are used, but it calls us to call attention to the need for more green space in our urban environments.

If you haven’t already, check with The Trust for Public Land and make sure your park is registered on the website, or see if there’s anything going on in a city near you to start planning. ReBar has a great how-to website blog if you’re interested or need some extra help pulling something together – anyone can be a green thumb, if only for a day. So mark your calendars get involved, and get ready to spend

repark2.jpg

parkingdaymainf.jpg

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/07/29/get-ready-parking-day-september-19-2008/#more-12811
----------------------
pretty cool idea imo.

i remember a year or so ago, they set up a whole patio on the sidewalk of Bay St., right under the RBC tower just north of Front St. Everything from grass, trees, chairs, etc was there. However, i think it was a setting for a promotion some company was running.

Back