623     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 451     0 

1121 Leslie Street (Metrus, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I could have sworn we had a thread for this parcel, but I can't find it.

If there's somewhere this should be merged, people can flag that.

At any rate, this parcel is immediately north of the Toronto Fire Hall on Leslie and the assorted condos south thereof.........; and to the immediate south of the Phoenix Centre proposal and across from Wilket Creek Park.

John Campbell has been retained to lobby in relation to a Municipal Comprehensive Review of this site. (changing the zoning from Employment)

Client is Metrus.

Aerial Pic:

1642706241464.png

Site is currently vacant.

Site Size: ~ 3.6 hectares/ 9 acres

A big property that can probably fit three or more condos on it!

As the 2.2 hectare site to the south has 3 towers on it, and space for a 4th that is instead an above ground parking garage; I think you can safely assume this site would fit more than 3 towers, if that's what Metrus has in mind.

Nope, that's north of Phoenix, this is south.

I remember discussing these lands w/someone here, LOL.

But private/public it sometimes blurs....

According to Don Mills Residents Incorporated (the folks going to the Court of Appeal on Monday over the Don Mills Recreation Community Centre)

"1121 Leslie Street This property is on Leslie Street just north of the fi re station. It is the site of the former Sony building. We are aware of a proposal for this site which will contain a retirement living building with graduated care and a couple of condo towers. We don’t have the details on this development as an application has not been fi led. A representative of the developer reached out to the DMRI offering to do a presentation to our Board and/or the community on the plan they have envisioned. Ideally this would happen in person although Covid continues to make that a challenge. The developer is interested in working with the community to secure community benefi ts as part of the project."

Source - Winter 2022 Newsletter https://assets.nationbuilder.com/dm...22/DMRI_Newsletter_Winter_2022.pdf?1646938422

Back