News   May 10, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising that there is no connection to the other below grade retail malls across the street. Even more surprising is the subway connection down an exit stair at the end of a long corridor.
I guess they didn't want to sacrifice the parking spaces.

They better be really picky with who gets the retail space here. If I see a bank I'm going to be very dissapointed with this project.

Sorry to dissapoint, but TD Canada Trust / Waterhouse signed an exclusive lease to open a new flagship branch on the corner in 1BE, as was reported here months ago already.

Sorry to dissapoint, but TD Canada Trust / Waterhouse signed an exclusive lease to open a new flagship branch on the corner in 1BE, as was reported here months ago already.

I assume that means they'll be vacating their spot at Bay/Bloor... Which means it would open up a huge amount of space for exclusive retail.

Realistically, from the perspective of choosing merchants that add to the texture and liveability of the city from the perspective of an average-income resident, could anything that would be built in the base of 1BE be better than the retail that currently occupies the square?

I don't believe 1BE will ever get built, and I sort of have my fingers crossed to that end.

In a food court recently, I overheard two bank employees saying it was critical that banks expand their main branch presence along Bloor to serve residents in the high-end condos opening up in Yorkville. I think the Birks store was mentionned as a site more suitable for a bank that a stodgy jeweller.

In a food court recently, I overheard two bank employees saying it was critical that banks expand their main branch presence along Bloor to serve residents in the high-end condos opening up in Yorkville. I think the Birks store was mentionned as a site more suitable for a bank that a stodgy jeweller.
It's really quite a shame. There's already very limited space on Bloor and retailers are basically clawing at each other to get in. Yet, all the flagship space is taken by repetitive banks. I don't understand why they can't take second storey space or whatever, like the BMO does. Really, a shame, a wasted opportunity.

I think it would be a great location for something like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, or Bloomingdale's...

We'll probably get a Subway, a dry cleaner, RBC or TD branch, and a Rabba or Kitchen Table.

It's really quite a shame. There's already very limited space on Bloor and retailers are basically clawing at each other to get in. Yet, all the flagship space is taken by repetitive banks. I don't understand why they can't take second storey space or whatever, like the BMO does. Really, a shame, a wasted opportunity.

When it comes right down to it who has more money, the Banks or Prada??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back