News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the area yesterday. No sign of any demo equipment whatsoever, or any sign of any demo having been done. I assume first they will remove the glass panes from the storefronts and windows.

I was in the area yesterday. No sign of any demo equipment whatsoever, or any sign of any demo having been done. I assume first they will remove the glass panes from the storefronts and windows.

Well yesterday was Saturday, likely you would see demo crew during the weekdays as opposed to weekends. Maybe they will start Monday. Let's hope anyway.

I can imagine abatements lasting several months so just relax, the parking lot will be built!

The earliest we would see construction is September/October anyways with it not going up for final approval at this month meetings.

looks like PCL will be the lead construction company for this project...from their website...

This project consists of an 80-storey, 275m high building (the tallest condo building in Canada). The building consists of 132 hotel rooms on 6 floors, 612 residential units on 65 floors, 3 floors of retail and 5 levels of underground parkade for a total floor area of approximately 1.3 million square feet. The project duration includes six months of early works and preconstruction and 36 months of actual construction.

- Of course this is going to be a major tourist draw, what is basically happening is the creation of another media square at Yonge and Bloor, like what is going on at Yonge & Dundas. Kinda like a Toronto verison of Ginza down the road from our Shinuba district. More high class and high end retailers, compared to the low brow stuff down the street the has a more lower common denominator factor. All of those who were disappointed with TLS ( i.e everyone) we have a second chance to create a city defining intersection at Yonge & Bloor.

I agree with Caltrane, and I think we'll see a 'gentrification' of Yonge between Dundas and Bloor, creating a larger and more premium commercial strip (read:chains) that will flow and continue around into Bloor. Bloor/Yonge could become a big hub for all of this.

This project consists of an 80-storey, 275m high building (the tallest condo building in Canada). The building consists of 132 hotel rooms on 6 floors, 612 residential units on 65 floors, 3 floors of retail and 5 levels of underground parkade for a total floor area of approximately 1.3 million square feet.

How do they get 80 storeys out of this? 6 (hotel) plus 65 (condos) plus 3 (retail) adds up to 74 storeys. I don't count the underground parking levels. I would not expect more than 3 or 4 mechanical levels, taking the building to 77 or 78 storeys, which just happens to be the originally announced number. Is Bazis "rounding up" the number of storeys? I cannot see any developer that wishes to establish a reputation for honesty doing that.

It could be that Bazis is including the 5 underground parking levels, plus 1 mechanical level, to make 80 storeys, but that would be dubious to say the least. I know of no other building which counts underground parking in the storey count. If this is the case, then 1BE is actually 75 storeys, not 80, in my books.

May 29

From Manulife, in the future 1 Bloor East will be visible here south of the Bay building.
2542524147_2d79eeea6b_b.jpg

May 29

From Manulife, in the future 1 Bloor East will be visible here south of the Bay building.

I think the camera angle needs to be a little more east facing for 1BE. Great shot though!

I'm quite sure he meant that in a good way. Anyone who seriously makes fun of anyone else for being a nerd on this forum would get one hella wedgie from karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back