News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 959     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yonge and Bloor Changes Forever as Bazis Starts Work on 1 Bloor

<snip>

To celebrate a significant moment in the city's history, Bazis is erecting a huge plasma screen 10 feet tall by 6 feet wide by the corner.

is the screen going to be a permanent feature of this corner?

Good question !! It would certanly be something different that this corner hasn't had before.

Well, CTV did have that ad screen there forever... so any plasma tv retrospective of the history of Bloor and Yonge should include pictures of the CTV ad screen on it, advertising tv shows that have long since gone off the air...

Yes, a kind of "what was here" followed by a "where are they now?" retrospective.

I know it's been said many times before, but I wish that brown apt. building in your second shot would just implode.

I know it's been said many times before, but I wish that brown apt. building in your second shot would just implode.

I've never heard it said before, let alone "many times". And I don't mind those student residences on Charles, as vernacular 60s Corbusiana goes. (Though the one on the south side was better, in a Corbusian walk-under-the-stilts way, before they did all that ground floor infill lately...)

Geezus. Will there be a red carpet too?

Toronto councilor Kyle Rae will mount a tracked excavator with a huge set of steel teeth and take a bite out of the existing building on the southeast corner of Bloor and Yonge Streets.

I died when I read that...

That building and its accompanying "shopping mall" belong at Dupont and Landsdowne. (But leave the Second Cup where it is).

It's not *that* bad. At least, hardly more than a whole lot of the other high-rises in that general radius...

Looks like demolition starts May 29.

2517209648_c8c2f60076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back