Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I think I heard Phil Verster say at today's board meeting that construction is 60% complete. Time-marked link:

He may say that, but the street said 40% at the best considering no OS is up anywhere including the yard. Poles have started to go up north of the 401 and the poles from the yard to Hurontario still haven't reached the 407-bus terminal.

One must travel the route today to see it and say if it is 60% done and will I challenge Phil to prove it. Lots of civil work still to be done before even getting to the guideway work. The mild weather to date has helped them to get caught up on a few things, but still got 8 weeks plus of winter in front of them that will slow things down like today.

Eglinton is supposed to be the midpoint of the current plan and not all the tracks are in place, four stations missing shelters with one not form, nothing going on north of Topflight to Brampton Steeles station, 407 overpass is partly widened. Derry Rd station is another station that saw framing taking place for it in December and still not completed.

You have sixteen intersections needing two months to put the guideway across them, four intersections need a month for the guideway built for them, four intersections and ten(?) driveways for business to close off for the guideway.

Guideway to be built from Eginton to Port Credit along with building the 403 bridge and forming the elevated section

There are about nine more stations to be built as well.

As it stands today, there are only two single crossovers in place and no idea how many more are to be built, but the distance between them is greater than the ones on the Crosstown Line as well as Finch. Finch has five double single crossovers for the full line that I have seen.

There is a batch of photos on my site for Feb 10 from Burnhamthorpe to Eglinton currently and I am working on another small batch that will be uploaded today. The big batch of over 100 photos will be up in the next few days up to Britannia Station and then from Derry Rd to the 407 Terminal,

Signs are being posted at all the new guideway intersections advising snowplow drivers they must raise the blade crossing them.

He may say that, but the street said 40% at the best considering no OS is up anywhere including the yard. Poles have started to go up north of the 401 and the poles from the yard to Hurontario still haven't reached the 407-bus terminal.

One must travel the route today to see it and say if it is 60% done and will I challenge Phil to prove it. Lots of civil work still to be done before even getting to the guideway work. The mild weather to date has helped them to get caught up on a few things, but still got 8 weeks plus of winter in front of them that will slow things down like today.

Eglinton is supposed to be the midpoint of the current plan and not all the tracks are in place, four stations missing shelters with one not form, nothing going on north of Topflight to Brampton Steeles station, 407 overpass is partly widened. Derry Rd station is another station that saw framing taking place for it in December and still not completed.

You have sixteen intersections needing two months to put the guideway across them, four intersections need a month for the guideway built for them, four intersections and ten(?) driveways for business to close off for the guideway.

Guideway to be built from Eginton to Port Credit along with building the 403 bridge and forming the elevated section

There are about nine more stations to be built as well.

As it stands today, there are only two single crossovers in place and no idea how many more are to be built, but the distance between them is greater than the ones on the Crosstown Line as well as Finch. Finch has five double single crossovers for the full line that I have seen.

There is a batch of photos on my site for Feb 10 from Burnhamthorpe to Eglinton currently and I am working on another small batch that will be uploaded today. The big batch of over 100 photos will be up in the next few days up to Britannia Station and then from Derry Rd to the 407 Terminal,

Signs are being posted at all the new guideway intersections advising snowplow drivers they must raise the blade crossing them.
When would you project it to enter revenue service?

When would you project it to enter revenue service?
2026 to 2027 depending on the loop. Since there is no clear conclusion yet for Brampton currently, it is a guessing game for it from 2027 to 2030 or later. At the same time, how does the extension affect Mobilinx 30-year contract as well when does it takes place? Does it start with the loop service with an extension to it or when Brampton is open?

Since 2026 is the election year, Ford wants to cut the ribbon for the line before going to the polls with the current plan operation taking place with the loop opening later. The latest date I have heard for completion of the line is sometime around mid 2025 or later. You need at least 3 months of full-service testing before the line can open for service. The two extensions are not part of the completion date currently that I know of.

This is going to the General Committee on Feb 21 Inglewood Drive – Stop Up and Close Public Highway, and Eaglewood Boulevard – Establish Lands as Public Highway (Ward 1).

This will allow the closing of Inglewood Dr and the opening of Inglewood Blvd bridge and become part of the Public Highway. Transferring of deeds will take place. This will allow traffic light to be finally installed at the new intersection

Once the intersection is in full use, the existing intersection for Inglewood Dr will be close and see the removal of it as well continue building the Mary Fix Creek along with the guideway on the westside of Hurontario St before it crosses the southbound lane to get to the centre of the road.

Track installations are being planned at the intersections of Matthews Gate, Elm Drive, Central Parkway and The Queensway in the next three months. This will involve lane reductions and left turn restrictions. Detour signs will be installed. We encourage motorists to plan for delays. We recommend entering properties by turning right in and exiting properties by turning right out. Please follow the signage in place, and do not use private laneways and plaza parking lots as detour routes.

Track works are also continuing at the intersection of Robert Speck Parkway. In the next three months, track works are expected to start at the following intersections along Hurontario Street.

• Kingsbridge Garden Circle/Elia Avenue
  • Square One Drive
  • Absolute Avenue
  • Burnhamthorpe Road
Residents will be informed of these works once permits are received via Canada Post mail.

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:

Out in the Community
The Peel Community Engagement Team has been in the community engaging with the residents of Mississauga! From pop-up activations at Square One, the Hazel McCallion and Port Credit Libraries, to foot canvasses and site meetings with property owners, our team has been interacting with the community to share construction updates on the Hazel McCallion Line project.
Over the next few weeks, you can find us at the following locations:
  • Square One Shopping Mall – February 22nd - 12 noon to 4p.m.
  • Youth Education Job Fair – Delta Hotel 3670 Hurontario 9a.m. to 4:30p.m.
  • Shoppers World Brampton – March 13th – 1p.m. to 3p.m.
Stop by and say hello!

Feb 10
All 300 photos I shot that day of the line are now online on my site.

Where the tracks will cross the Southbound Lanes at the 403 off ramp
53524972963_d6200f8beb_b.jpg

Crossover at Waltline to be splice, leve, concrete pour and tracks to it. This will complete the missing track south of Britannia to Trailwood Dr
53535823217_ecdb1b2d04_b.jpg

First crossover waiting splicing, leveling and concrete pour for it as well installing tracks to it
53537123505_5a0b799ec6_b.jpg

Construction for digging up the road from Topflight to the guideway to the south now Traffic been shifted
53537024819_fbef4b5cbc_b.jpg

Topflight Intersection Now Open
53536886823_ac20fa1341_b.jpg

More poles with brackets from the OMSF to just north of the 407 bus terminal with 4 sets to get to Topflight
53536886533_caf43ed2ae_b.jpg

53537023994_aa981caa7a_b.jpg

New white OS poles between the 401 and Derry Rd
53536888148_fa865590c0_b.jpg

Feb 10

Crossover at Waltline to be splice, leve, concrete pour and tracks to it. This will complete the missing track south of Britannia to Trailwood Dr

First crossover waiting splicing, leveling and concrete pour for it as well installing tracks to it

Construction for digging up the road from Topflight to the guideway to the south now Traffic been shifted

More poles with brackets from the OMSF to just north of the 407 bus terminal with 4 sets to get to Topflight

I didn’t know you had a site

I didn’t know you had a site
My Flickr. site.

I had a website but did not have the time to keep update on it and a problem how to handle my photos since it was a lot easier than doing it with Flickr., A storage issue for the photos and videos since I need 6T of space and it will get larger over time. Before I closed it down, I had 2,000 threads for it.

Flickr has lost over 50,000 of my photos with another 300 with no info for them and having a hard time trying to figure out what they were for on the urban side since they were in my earlier days of shooting.

February 11th
Looking east along Dundas. The company doing the work is extremely sloppy with signage. I've noticed in the past on the 403 to Eglinton stretch where lanes just end without so much as a sign. Same thing was happening here. Nearly crunched a civic that moved over at the last second. What's worse is that the lanes under go an extreme shift so it's not like it is just a straight lane ending. It ends at the start of a curve!
1708436870915.jpeg

At Cooksville GO
1708436929588.jpeg

Northbound at Cooksville GO
1708436954030.jpeg

Feb 10

Do we know if the tracks will be embedded or on ballasts outside of the intersections?

Neither. See the second and third pictures above.

@Tim MacDonald, lack of signs has been an issue since day one and still is not only by me, but the ward councilors. I have seen far too many close calls, well walking, on the bus as well when I have access to a car. Even for pedestrians to get around X, cross the street, but most of all, where are the bus stops? I have been asked numerous times as to where the bus stop is, only to point where it should be and say "what" as it's not there and don't see one at all.

Do we know if the tracks will be embedded or on ballasts outside of the intersections?
Tracks outside of intersections will be exposed and not encased in concrete other than anchoring the ties. There are to be a few spots that will be encased for future stations that may surface down the road.

They will look like this. Mobilinx is not willing to put grass there like they should. Finch LRT is 100% encased in concrete with Crosstown having 80% grass. It is to stop people trying to cross the street between Long blocks.
53536888663_e93d0ccf84_b.jpg

@Tim MacDonald
Your photo shows what the mess will look like later this year when the guideway is built across Dundas. Only a single lane for both directions on Dundas and maybe for Hurontario. It will be interesting to see if that right turn lane is used for the bus layover bays as well. AI wasn't aware Hurontario was a single lane that weekend as well. It also shows how much redevelopment is needed for Dundas to get the 40m width to support the BRT and 2 lanes of traffic in both directions. That area has been calling for redevelopment for decades and nothing is left of the old town there today.

Your photo of Kirwin was for the weekend it was to be close off, but did not realize it went that far into the intersection as I never saw a plan for this closure.
1708436870915-jpeg.541838

Last edited:
Per the Province's news release on the Get it Done Act, 2024:

The Ontario government is also moving forward with several other initiatives aimed at streamlining building approvals to get shovels in the ground sooner on roads, highways and public transit, as well as other key infrastructure projects. These initiatives include:

From the briefing:

Designating the Hazel McCallion Line extensions as priority transit projects: Ontario will use measures introduced in the Building Transit Faster Act, 2020, to declare the Hazel McCallion Line extensions to downtown Mississauga via the Confederation Parkway loop and downtown Brampton as priority transit projects. The Hazel McCallion Line extensions will join the Ontario Line, the Yonge North Subway Extension, the Scarborough Subway Extension, the Eglinton Crosstown West Extension and the Hamilton LRT as priority transit projects in the province.

Perhaps it's just not visible from Hurontario, but when we drove by on the 407 this past weekend it appeared that quite a bit of the yard had been strung.

Back