News   May 02, 2024
 145     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 409     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

He has ripped contracts that he didn’t like. That is his perogative as Premier. I don’t like all that he does. He didn’t break contracts that had penalties- Beer store, Finch West and yes Eglinton. The terms were never shared but we can infer they could not be easily broken and hence why he didn’t. That’s why Finch West is still alive . He hates LRT and he would have cancelled if he could. He picks his battles.

I agree with you he owns the shit show that is Crosstown delivery. He should have done something to push it and get it completed sooner. Something in my mind tells me he maybe doing it on purpose to make a point to see how bad LRTs are.
Green energy contracts would probably like a word with you

I was focused on transit. Yes he broke green contracts as he ran against it and had the mandate to do it. It was one of the first things he did and paid zero politically for it.

Ontario Appeals Court rules Ontario government's Bill 124 is unconstitutional.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s law that imposed wage restraint on public sector workers violated their collective bargaining rights and is unconstitutional, the province’s Appeal Court ruled Monday. The law, known as Bill 124, capped salary increases for public sector workers to one per cent a year for three years.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/onta...stitutionality-of-wage-restraint-law-bill-124

Ontario Appeals Court rules Ontario government's Bill 124 is unconstitutional.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s law that imposed wage restraint on public sector workers violated their collective bargaining rights and is unconstitutional, the province’s Appeal Court ruled Monday. The law, known as Bill 124, capped salary increases for public sector workers to one per cent a year for three years.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/onta...stitutionality-of-wage-restraint-law-bill-124
They won't seek leave to appeal to SCOC. and will introduce legislation to repeal Bill 124. So it's done.

They won't seek leave to appeal to SCOC. and will introduce legislation to repeal Bill 124. So it's done.
Of note though is that it was found unconstitutional only for the unionized workers. It was deemed quite A-OK for those without collective bargaining.

This folks, is why we still need unions.

Doug Ford sure has a thing for announcing policy on the whim.

Via Globe reporter Laura Stone

1707837885418.png

Any next government can just repeal this anyways. Do it first thing, unattached to any actual plan for carbon pricing. It's not binding on any future government obviously.
Yes, it's 'government by performance art' - perhaps their next trick will be to say that Universities cannot run deficits (despite the fact that most do is really the government's fault.) A total waste of time.

Last edited:
Any next government can just repeal this anyways. Do it first thing, unattached to any actual plan for carbon pricing. It's not binding on any future government obviously.

Yup, to go further, any future gov't can simply attach the repeal/change to any other bill, including, the most likely, a financial/budget bill.

It doesn't have to be stand alone legislation.

This is a complete waste of the legislature's time, there are more important things to pursue.

And this, which is a far more serious matter!

Ontario proposes referendum on provincial carbon tax​

Yeah. This is serious. The consumer-facing carbon tax will die once PP is elected. At that point Ontario will lose the carbon tax as well.

Now, of course you can repeal this legislation and pass an Ontario Carbon Tax, but I argue the politics around this are toxic, and it won’t happen. Unfortunate, because time after time we are told - only to ignore - that a carbon tax is the cheapest way to drive changes in business/consumer usage.

Back