Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I would say closer to 250,000! Lol MCC has 60,000 by itself.
Walking distance is 500 m of a transit route and most of MCC is outside of it. Draw a 500m line on either side of Hurontario to see a 1000 m box and it will give you an a idea for numbers. In 10 years, it will be close to double. if not more depending how fast a few development sites get off the ground.

Yes its more than 10,000's, but not 60,000's or 250,000 at this time.

Bulk of Hurontario riders don't live within 500m of it. It is and will be the top ridership route in Mississauga outside of GO lines.

I was always under the impression that there would be a "bypass" service for those who don't want to use the loop.
This is from the June 2014 environmental project report. It's the only instance of a proposed service pattern for the loop that I've been able to find.
1705753691312.png

Having a stop on Duke of York doesn't do much to attract ridership. Should be on Living Arts Drive or Confederation Parkway.

I am really excited to see that Metrolinx is going to be teeing up the next phase of work for the Hurontario LRT in both Mississauga and Brampton, but I hope they end up doing more than just the MCC loop and the Brampton extension.

MCC/Square One is a huge area that a loop is perfectly suited for. The existing and planned development surrounding Square One absolutely justifies a loop, but I wonder if it will be enough. I think they genuinely need to start looking into a Burnhamthorpe spur to Erindale GO, given that developers like SmartCentres are already interested in changing some of those commercial/light industrial plazas into mixed-use developments. It would also be significantly easier than building a GO spur to MCC. Figuring out the service pattern of such a configuration would be interesting though.

This is from the June 2014 environmental project report. It's the only instance of a proposed service pattern for the loop that I've been able to find.
I do think it would make more sense to have the service pattern be "downtown local" which runs around the loop and a less frequent "express" which runs directly down Hurontario. Especially in the interim while there is only all-day GO access at Port Credit, forcing the transfer at Square One would be a big penalty.

1705774675716.png

I do think it would make more sense to have the service pattern be "downtown local" which runs around the loop and a less frequent "express" which runs directly down Hurontario. Especially in the interim while there is only all-day GO access at Port Credit, forcing the transfer at Square One would be a big penalty.

View attachment 534244
Agreed.

Another problem with the proposed service pattern is it forces trips to the SQ1 transit terminal coming in from the north to either walk from Robert Speck, transfer to a northbound train from Robert Speck, or loop around downtown. Feels like a downgrade from existing bus services.

ETA - another alternative I've seen in this thread many pages ago was to have a north-south service separate from a loop-only service. It's an idea worth resurrecting if service patterns are being discussed.

Overall, I think any service pattern should make transfers to the SQ1 transit terminal as easy as possible. I'd like for a north-south express to still serve Rathburn station, though I imagine this poses design problems.

Last edited:
I really have to agree that an Erindale GO extension is merited, but would go a step further and suggest that the service pattern issues with a loop are such that my preferred option would be to cut the Burnhamthorpe leg.

Timing for good cross platform transfers at MCC should be mostly doable, and I can’t see the loss of the actual Burhamthorpe rd station as all that critical.

Hell, for cost escalation control you could cut the first stage to Mavis or Confederation and get similar cost to the loop.

Jan 20
Starting Jan 24 to March 14, all routes using Robert Speck intersection at Hurontario will be dealing with construction of the guideway. No right turns in any direction.

Route 2 N will be heavily affected as it will have to use Sq One Dr to get to CCTT because of this detour as it will have to deal with extra traffic to get onto Sq One Dr along with getting to City Centre to turn right. I did not see any notice for the Robert Speck Stop for southbound to see if the 2 S will use it during the construction or must use the 103 stop.

Looks like they have switched construction from the Queensway intersection as it is not ready to see construction that was to start Jan 8 until sometime in Feb. This means the city did not get its way of delaying intersections construction tell spring due to snow clearing issues.

Expect longer travel time for the 2's.

As far as I know, there was to be an T connection at Burnhamthorpe to all to have service to bypass MCC and this go back to early 2023.

Having an LRT going to Erindale GO Station is a waste of money, reduce the service for not only the line, but the 26 due to poor ridership numbers. Route 26 has poor numbers west of MCC since it came into existence.

Many of us in Brampton want this LRT going further north beyond Bovaird. The studies have been focused on getting it past Queen with the costs and it's also Metrolinx main priority to unify all the west end GO lines together. Once a commitment happens with the recent news , I hope we can begin studies further north immediately

Many of us in Brampton want this LRT going further north beyond Bovaird. The studies have been focused on getting it past Queen with the costs and it's also Metrolinx main priority to unify all the west end GO lines together. Once a commitment happens with the recent news , I hope we can begin studies further north immediately
It should go north and connect to the New Caledon GO.

The studies have been focused on getting it past Queen with the costs and it's also Metrolinx main priority to unify all the west end GO lines together.
I like to think of the suburban LRT lines acting as "feeder lines" into the GO train network. After Hurontario is complete Metrolinx should evaluate the Trafalgar line in Oakville and perhaps an Appleby line in Burlington.

Back