News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Toronto CityPlace: Montage + Neo (Concord Adex, 47 + 16s, KPMB)

I posted the same picture in the Parade Thread.

cityplacephotonr4.jpg

Thanks for the render. What's the source? Concord?

I'm wondering if Douglas Coupland has released any early sketches of the park and whether this render is consistent with it.

Interesting timing of the release of that render.

I hope it will look half as nice and seem just as big.

Keep in mind that the little path they have running up the bottom left towards Front Street is actually 4 lane Bathurst. And isn't there still some sort of massive warehouse there on the east side of Bathurst?

Keep in mind that the little path they have running up the bottom left towards Front Street is actually 4 lane Bathurst. And isn't there still some sort of massive warehouse there on the east side of Bathurst?

It's actually the little path. There is vacant land to the west of CityPlace for public, low cost housing.

There are a few small warehouses just east of Bathurst and north of the Gardiner, near or on Housey. The Amsterdam Brewery is there, for example. Underneath and south of the Gardiner is the large warehouse that is situated right across from Malibu. Is that the one you are thinking of?

Thanks for that render caltrane. I love how Concord conveniently extended the park/cricket lawn over the TCHC site in the east. At least they didn't get rid of the Gardiner.

AoD

i doubt there will be no signature....

the other buildings sold like hotcakes, why not charge extra, have more rooms and make even more money.

The park looks pretty good. I like how the rendering shows the park will have some elevation and not just a flat urban forest. Lets hope it actually turns out this way with some well landscaped paths, stairs and nooks. Then again, give it 25 years before any of the trees look like that.

25 years from now there should be so little gas left that the number of cars pictured on the Gardiner is just about right for that too.

So, if the pic does represent 2032, shouldn't the newly opened W hotel be somewhere in the frame?

The park reminds me a lot of Millenium Park in Chicago, though on a less grandeur scale. Missing would be a great water feature, A Ghery Stage, and a view of the lake, but it's a nice start. It would be nice if Concord Pacific and the city worked together to bring a few large scale and interactive art features into the park.

The park reminds me a lot of Millenium Park in Chicago, though on a less grandeur scale. Missing would be a great water feature, A Ghery Stage, and a view of the lake, but it's a nice start. It would be nice if Concord Pacific and the city worked together to bring a few large scale and interactive art features into the park.

Definately. Ideas include:
- Fountain/model boat pool/skating rink
- aviary/bird sanctuary
- conservatory or glassed-in arboretum (or the fictional and possibly fantastical arboritium, whatever that may be)
- outdoor climbing wall or paint ball course
- small mini-put course or limited cross-country ski trail
- graffiti wall
- interactive light display
- gazebo
- theatre-in-the-part stage
- hedge maze

some ideas at least.

The park has already been deliberately designed to contain only certain functions by Douglas Coupland. You don't hire one of Canada's best known writers and wannbe renaissance men to design something like this, then accept a pile of unsolicited suggestions.

I like some of your suggestions CSW2424, although I would have spelled arboretum differently, but they won't end up in this park.

It's actually the little path. There is vacant land to the west of CityPlace for public, low cost housing.

There are a few small warehouses just east of Bathurst and north of the Gardiner, near or on Housey. The Amsterdam Brewery is there, for example. Underneath and south of the Gardiner is the large warehouse that is situated right across from Malibu. Is that the one you are thinking of?

A visual aid:

The brewery is below (will it stay?)

DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN0797.jpg

And actually, when I looked at the site from Bathurst, it is a lot bigger than I thought.

Maybe, in fact, Parade will not come as far as Bathurst and that little path in the park will be there. In other words, in the render in the post above, could Bathurst still be way off to the west out of frame? Or will Parade actually butt right up to Bathurst?

DSCN0796.jpg

DSCN0795.jpg

Back