303     4 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 736     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This photo with the beer appears not to be from Saturday night. The sweater is different; no white string tie on the front as in the photos with him in the hallway.

Of corse not, Robbie wore a Blue Jays sweater of Friday, and a Leafs sweater on Saturday.

RoFo is like a (famous) clock tower or old church or a scenic waterfall to them. He is an object to be photographed, consumed and forgotten. they have seen some of the people they know online have their pics taken with him, and they want one too, to keep up. I sincerely doubt that RoFo is seen as a person to a lot of them.

Like a souvenir pic at Niagara Falls?

Without Bonnie, I believe Clyde would have been largely forgotten.

Although Rob Ford is not a sex symbol ( shudder - I hope not ) it would take a psychiatrist to explain the morbid fascination so many young women seem to have with having their pictures taken with him. I guess they are turned on by his "bad-boy" persona?

One of the facts about B&C that is forgotten is they were both 'Lollywood' types. Big heads on small bodies. Like a lot of film actors. Perfect for 'The Pictures'. They had a low glamour. Combined with a media-frenzy hype. Robbie's got that frenzy, but the glamour is, shall we say, muted. He's more of a 'Stay-Puft' sort. Good pictures, for all the wrong reasons.

It's ironic isn't it?

It's clear as the day is long that many in the UT crowd hang with street gangs and drug dealers (if not directly involved themselves) yet they expect perfection from the man running the biggest city in Canada and 4th biggest city in North America.

One order of hypocrisy please.

You've been missed, but this is but a mere poke from a soldier like you. This had better be the meta-troll's meta-trollbait, to be appropriately followed by a keen distillation of the Nayshun's current state of mind.

Yours with baited breath, etc.

Edit: just caught up. Am now satisfied. Thx.

Last edited:
RoFo is like a (famous) clock tower or old church or a scenic waterfall to them. He is an object to be photographed, consumed and forgotten. they have seen some of the people they know online have their pics taken with him, and they want one too, to keep up. I sincerely doubt that RoFo is seen as a person to a lot of them.

My buddy used to be the guy who took pictures of people at the base of the CN Tower in front of a green screen and Photoshopped them into ridiculous situations.

If you went there like 8 years ago and you bought a photo from him with cash, yeah, your money didn't go to the CN Tower. Bet you didn't get a receipt.

Not sure how this is relevant but I thought about it. I wonder what he's up to now...

I think what "folks" found interesting was the fact that a young woman was ( lawfully ) machine-gunned to death by police in a planned ambush. That was, and is, extremely rare.

The same happened to Ma Barker eight months later in Florida, but she was in her sixties and the man she died with was her son.

Without Bonnie, I believe Clyde would have been largely forgotten.

Although Rob Ford is not a sex symbol ( shudder - I hope not ) it would take a psychiatrist to explain the morbid fascination so many young women seem to have with having their pictures taken with him. I guess they are turned on by his "bad-boy" persona?

That makes two "Bad Boys" were have elected mayor. Way to go Toronto!

( P.S. Come back, Mel. All is forgiven! )

It's telling that the first movie version of that story was called The Bonnie Parker Story.

This photo with the beer appears not to be from Saturday night. The sweater is different; no white string tie on the front as in the photos with him in the hallway.

You don't sport much, do you... Although points for referring to the Leaf sweater as a sweater and not a jersey.

Blue Jays jersey was Friday night, Maple Leafs sweater (with the lace) was Saturday either way it's not his beer. Smart money is on Saturday's Disani being Russian Prince...

One of the facts about B&C that is forgotten is they were both 'Lollywood' types. Big heads on small bodies. Like a lot of film actors. Perfect for 'The Pictures'. They had a low glamour. Combined with a media-frenzy hype. Robbie's got that frenzy, but the glamour is, shall we say, muted. He's more of a 'Stay-Puft' sort. Good pictures, for all the wrong reasons.

I'll say!
Here is RoFo and Miss Italy I believe. The contrast is extreme. They are like a reverse, Jacklyn Spratt and hubby.
And here is a superficial question:
Has RoFo taken a page out of Randy's fashion book and actually worn cowboy boots?

I'm not here for your entertainment.

[humoungous snip]

Phil, you piece of garbage. This is what 25 years of friendship means to you? Barb comes in five hours late, reeking of your cheap zellers cologne. Think I wouldn't notice?

Got news for you, pal: better stock up on rice cakes and Emory boards, and I hope you like The Voice, cause she's your problem now.

Best part? I still got your pants.

I think John Candy would have been perfect for the movie role.

Unfortunately, he passed away at exactly the same age as Rob is now.

Correction, Big John was 43.

I think this may be what you are looking for: Romeo Di Battista (that name keeps cropping up!) owned an after-hours club[/url]. Ford was there. Stuff happened.

Edit: ah, I see others beat me to it, but I'll try to add a bit of additional info (not new to this thread, but just not mentioned here very recently): Di Battista knows Lisi. Donovan & Doolittle clearly think Di Battista is an important element of the Rob Ford story: they mentioned him by name in a Q&A they did last year.

Probably just a coincidence*, but Di Battista is a past associate of Patrick Dovigi. Dovigi runs GFL, the company which won the contract for private garbage collection west of Yonge. Ford was clearly a big fan of GFL on the day that was announced.

* or not

Hi guys & gals!

New to the forum as poster but been lurking for about 500 pages.

With respect to GFL, the original contract was with Turtle Island, owned by 2 Greek gentlemen. TI was acquired by GFL about 2 years ago, give or take do I don't know that Dovingi was involved at the outset, at least not in the top position. Behind the scenes, well who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back