1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 631     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 302     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope someone posts pics of him drinking. I'm also curious to see if he drove himself or if he's keeping his driver up late.

Edit:

Nico Fidani ‏@Nfiddy 1h

@ddale8 Great to have Mayor Ford at The Theatre Centre Gala tonight. Everyone was very appreciative of the work he has done for the centre.

(He and Daniel Dale were chatting on twitter. Fidani is a former Ford staffer who was concerned with Ford's behaviour at the Garrison Ball and also believed Lisi was providing drugs to Ford. He is now working for Counsillor Leon)

Last edited:
The real story about Muzik is that they gave FordFest the free alcohol, while they were lobbying to have their lease extended at exhibition place (without having to face compeition). Now he's there drinking while the matter still hasn't been decided.

The obligatory "wet spot on shirt" photo :rolleyes:
BdwXqRCIYAA8rGg.jpg

Thank god that personal trainer RoFo had was better than rehab! He lost 10 lbs and was able to stay away from booze, crack, coke, heroin, oxy, pot...oops.
As an aside, he looks like shit. Look how red he is, in contrast to those two other people.

His face looks like it's made out of uncooked sausage.

I just got into a huge fight with a friend of mine from Scarborough. He is originally from Hong Kong, so I was curious to find out what he thought of Chow. He did not like her at all. When I asked him why, it quickly became evident that he was anti Chow and Miller but a very strong supporter of Rob Ford and all the bull-shit Ford spouts. (from low taxes, anti-streetcars, pro subway, anti-grants for disadvantaged, anti-grants for Pride or repairs to NPS and a long list of other issues) This guy is a gay man and he said he had no problem with Ford being anti-gay, as long as Ford saved him money and was an honest guy. At that point things got a little heated and what came out of his mouth, was very surprising. This guy is very well educated with a great job, yet he was completely misinformed about EVERYTHING. He doesn't care if Ford cheats or overspends to get elected. He doesn't care if Ford supports drug dealers and if people get shot in drug wars. (well, as long as it's nobody in his family) He actually doesn't believe that Ford has ever driven drunk because "If Ford drove drunk, why didn't the police arrest him"? Even though Ford has admitted it on camera, he thinks it's just people making shit up for political reasons. He also said some other quite shocking things that I would not expect from someone who I thought was a really nice guy. It's amazing how one conversation about Rob Ford revealed so much about his character and selfish views, including some racist views, which I did not expect at all. I really thought this guy was a nice guy but I don't feel that way now. I just can't see myself remaining friends with him, after this conversation.

Now I wonder if most Chinese people in Scarborgh are also so strongly anti-chow. (and so strongly pro Ford) Seriously, it just blows my mind that an intelligent person can be so pro Ford at this point in time. He literally twisted every which way to support Ford on every single issue, including drunk driving. Oh man, I'm afraid it's gonna be a one long haul, to get rid of Ford in the next election.

It sounds like your friend has bought into the idea of Ford as someone who saves money and that everyone is out to get Ford, regardless of what Ford himself admits to. The part about Ford not being arrested for driving drunk is just naïve; the part about being okay with cheating and overspending just suggests he is as ethically and morally deficient as Ford is.

I can't speak for Chinese voters in Scarborough or elsewhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if Olivia Chow being NDP is just a little too reminiscent of the PRC and they're not having that. Voting patterns among new Canadians skew towards whatever got them into the comfortable position they are in in their new home and will keep them there. That usually means Liberal, unless a Tory or someone close to being one (like Ford) convinces them they could have it even better.

This is what I don't get about Fordsters. How can they honestly believe that Rofo is honest? When he has repeatedly lied.

Possibly because they have committed to the idea of Ford as a straight-shooter, someone who calls it as he sees it, and they don't want to make the effort to reassess that as evidence to the contrary emerges. Same thing with the notion of Ford saving them money - they can't really point to evidence that he has saved them money, beyond perhaps the $60 VRT, because figuring out if he had in fact put money in their pockets would involve math and looking critically at his record.

I find myself getting increasingly angry at the idea of people supporting Ford simply because they have bought into an image of someone who has saved them money, cut waste and generally championed the fortunes of the average person when in fact if they bothered to look beyond the image and didn't dismiss criticism as proof that he must be doing something right, they'd see that he hasn't really found many 'efficiencies', he's saved virtually nothing (in fact he's wasted a lot of money trying to find things to cut and by cancelling things that were already in motion and he really cares only about a coterie of friendly business people and outright crooks. Aaargh. I almost wish something would come up in the next month or so that would seriously damage his chances or eliminate him from the running entirely.

Possibly because they have committed to the idea of Ford as a straight-shooter, someone who calls it as he sees it, and they don't want to make the effort to reassess that as evidence to the contrary emerges. Same thing with the notion of Ford saving them money - they can't really point to evidence that he has saved them money, beyond perhaps the $60 VRT, because figuring out if he had in fact put money in their pockets would involve math and looking critically at his record.

I find myself getting increasingly angry at the idea of people supporting Ford simply because they have bought into an image of someone who has saved them money, cut waste and generally championed the fortunes of the average person when in fact if they bothered to look beyond the image and didn't dismiss criticism as proof that he must be doing something right, they'd see that he hasn't really found many 'efficiencies', he's saved virtually nothing (in fact he's wasted a lot of money trying to find things to cut and by cancelling things that were already in motion and he really cares only about a coterie of friendly business people and outright crooks. Aaargh. I almost wish something would come up in the next month or so that would seriously damage his chances or eliminate him from the running entirely.

Well, if Mammo's motion to reinstate Fords lost powers ever comes to the floor, then it is not unlikley that someone my move to extend the loss of powers if Ford wins, or have him banned from re-election on some basis. We saw something similar to this with the 5¢ bag fee and the motion to ban plastic bags.

Ford HAS been arrested for drunk driving, in Florida. He lied about it. Don't alienate, educate your friend.

The Toronto Sun back in 1991 said:
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/08/18/15067206.html

"I think the laws are appropriate and I'm not one to say we should legalize marijuana. I've never said that and I wouldn't want to see that happen."

Ford said he's never had any trouble crossing the border since the incident and no longer uses marijuana.

"I don't use drugs. I'm not in that scene," he said.

He put the incident so far behind him, he said he was caught off guard and adamantly denied having been charged when first approached by the Sun.

"No to answer your question," Ford said.

"I'm dead serious. When I say no, I mean never. No question, Now I'm getting offended. No means no."

But after Ford was provided with details from a Florida state criminal history record obtained by the Sun, he admitted the incident.

"I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it right now," he said.

"You think I'm BSing you but I'm not. It completely, totally slipped my mind.

"It was nothing. It wasn't a major issue. There's more serious things in life."
So, he lied about pot, he lied about driving drunk. And his stance on drugs and keeping pot illegal were complete bullshit. Even in this Sun article, he's lying because he knew damn well why he was pulled over. A Canadian would not "forget" being pulled over by US highway patrol and being arrested for driving under the influence (unless he was in another one of his drunken stupors ha ha ha).
The Globe and Mail said:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-his-campaign-into-the-ditch/article1378946/
The seeds of Rob Ford's latest troubles were planted on a boozy Valentine's night in 1999, when he threw his hands in the air and told the Miami police officer who pulled him over: "Go ahead, take me to jail."

Eleven years later, Mr. Ford's drunk driving conviction - and the way he fumbled the revelation - have sprouted into the gravest threats yet to the Etobicoke councillor's improbable run for mayor...

Mr. Ford blamed what else happened in the wee hours of Feb. 15, 1999, for his absent-mindedness.

"The reason I forgot about the marijuana charge ... is because that same evening, I was charged with failing to give a breath sample," he told reporters.

But court documents and an affidavit from the Miami-Dade police officer who made the arrest show Mr. Ford was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, which Mr. Ford's Toronto lawyer later confirmed.

He posted $1,500 bail, the documents show, then pleaded no contest on May 14, 1999.

He paid a $664.75 fine, was barred from driving in Florida for one year and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service,
which his campaign said he served by volunteering with the Toronto Express, the private summer football team he had been coaching since 1997.

Not only was he arrested for driving drunk, his attitude is that "it was nothing".

Last edited:
Haven't heard much talk about the murder rant video lately. Any thoughts as to who he was talking about? Someone who was after his brothers. Here's a wild guess. Maybe he's referring to an anti-Ford part of the Ontario PC Party? Thus the talk of a byelection

Good point. Didn't the PCO riding president resign last year after trying to start the process of getting a candidate other than Doug / before Doug was ready? *Off to the Googles*

Even if he isn't drinking, what the heck is he thinking? He's married with kids, it's midnight, shouldn't he be at home? Besides that, he's supposed to be off booze and he's in a club?
A married man with children isn't allowed to go to a club? I was unaware of that rule...

The real story about Muzik is that they gave FordFest the free alcohol, while they were lobbying to have their lease extended at exhibition place (without having to face compeition). Now he's there drinking while the matter still hasn't been decided.
Is there evidence that he was drinking? We all like to criticize Ford for making claims that aren't based on fact, let's not do the same here :)

A married man with children isn't allowed to go to a club? I was unaware of that rule...

Perhaps. But at 44 with kids and his claim he's sober it's not particularly clever is it? And at 44 most people don't go clubbing anyway. Get real. Especially if you are a public figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back