News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 724     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I agree that Eglinton should be one route. Yeah, sure, longer routes might be harder to keep on schedule. But no one really cares about a schedule if the buses are frequent.

And for those of you complaining about the eglinton line not connecting to the SRT, the Scarborough Malvern Line still has to be built. It can handle the loads easier and will make eglinton a through route for the entire road right up morning side and then connect with the Sheppard LRT and UT Scarborough.
The last design published for Kennedy that included the Scarborough Malvern Line, didn't even have a non-revenue connection between the two Eglinton LRT services.

I agree that Eglinton should be one route. Yeah, sure, longer routes might be harder to keep on schedule. But no one really cares about a schedule if the buses are frequent.
Hopefully it makes the Sheppard LRT a little easier to swallow for you. An Eglinton connection from the Airport to UTS to Sheppard Morningside will solve a lot of problems.

The last design published for Kennedy that included the Scarborough Malvern Line, didn't even have a non-revenue connection between the two Eglinton LRT services.
Things can change.

Late evening? Weekend?

Not sure what your supposed to do. Eglinton must be one of the longer routes now, with an almost 2-hour time to do a circuit now at peak in both east and West. How long is too long. Is a 2-hour drive non-stop without even a chance to stand-up reasonable?

I suppose the LRT is the answer for this route, but it really only moves the transfer point to Kennedy (and to Jane until Phase 2 is built).

Mid-afternoon, around 2pm. I was starting around Eglinton and Don Mills and meeting someone at Yorkdale, so I needed to go over to the Spadina line and then up. If I would have known I would have been standing on the bus platform waiting for the Eg West bus, I would have just subwayed down to Bloor, across, and back up.

As for the two hours non-stop, bus drivers can swap out when they reach Eglinton, or even just take a 5 min break when they reach Eglinton Stn. Build enough buffer time into the schedule for a reasonable break. I don't mind waiting for a bit at Eglinton Stn, as long as I'm staying on the same bus. Getting off one bus and having to wait to get on another bus to keep going the same direction in my mind is pretty ridiculous.

Soon nearly everyone will be using real-time data anyway instead of the posted schedules, so posted schedules will be redundant. As long as the buses are kept a near equal distance apart from each other, and they're relatively frequent, the posted time doesn't matter.

Soon nearly everyone will be using real-time data anyway instead of the posted schedules, so posted schedules will be redundant. As long as the buses are kept a near equal distance apart from each other, and they're relatively frequent, the posted time doesn't matter.
On frequent routes, sure. But when it only comes every 20 minutes or 30 minutes, the printed schedule (and TTC sticking to it), is very useful.

On frequent routes, sure. But when it only comes every 20 minutes or 30 minutes, the printed schedule (and TTC sticking to it), is very useful.

Schedules on frequent routes are more about not paying overtime than customer satisfaction purposes.

If the driver is at the wrong end of the route at the end of the day that either means sending them home early (before that run in the wrong direction) or paying them overtime to take the bus to the garage or hand-off to another driver.

my main concern was how it connected with the GO... as a result I am happy... Same rules apply for weston

My dumb question - If this is just an lrt line, why do the stations all need concourses? Can't people walk over the tracks like they do at Queens Quay and in Boston? Wouldn't that save a ton of money?

My dumb question - If this is just an lrt line, why do the stations all need concourses? Can't people walk over the tracks like they do at Queens Quay and in Boston? Wouldn't that save a ton of money?
For Queens Quay, there are 2 side platforms. These all have 1 centre platform. So walking over the tracks doesn't have much point. Not sure what concourses have to do with it ... that's a function of the required depth of the station more than anything else.

That secondary entrance is something ...a spiral staircase might work better ... though there's probably some H&S reason you can't do that these days.

Shouldn't it be closer to Caledonia? Or does that not bother anyone else?

I guess they chose that location because they can build the station box there without disrupting the road? I suppose the connection to the shopping centre could be useful, but not if it's just a huge staircase as shown.

If it was instead located east of the GO line, it could have entrances at the GO station and at Caledonia itself, and the Lansdowne bus wouldn't have to make a little jog over to the station and back, which is going to add running time. The station would be more evenly spaced between Keele and Dufferin too. But oh well...I'm sure they considered all of this in their choice.

Back