News   May 24, 2024
 9.1K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 495     0 

Transformation AGO (5s, Gehry) COMPLETE

I was walking by at lunch today and one of the glass panels has been cracked horribly, and several more have other cracks. I'm assuming this is construction-related damage and hopefully replaced before opening. It's gotta be pristine for opening day shots!

Nice to see Toronto-based Teknion designing and manufacturing some of the new furniture - much as Nienkamper did at the ROM.

The AGO also struck a deal to get some Danish-designed furniture, and flatware for the restaurant. Still, if they'd selected a Toronto designer such as Helen Kerr - whose flatware for Gourmet Settings is sold all over the world - it would have given them a further opportunity to showcase award-winning local talent.

AGO-OCT21B.jpg

Titanium panels are getting attached to the southside staircase today. It's looking good.

Fickle tourists! Who needs them?!

I love the blue titanium and the blue glass on the Bay Adelaide Center. They both make the cloudy days of Fall a little brighter :)

Sweet. This is going to stop the tourists staring at OCAD, that's for sure!

Why would it stop them? Why shouldn't they look?

Both buildings are fantastic examples of Toronto's ability to break out of our 'good' moniker and become truly 'great.'

Stare away tourists, stare away.

Back