News   May 17, 2024
 3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Baby, we got a bubble!?

lts not about working harder, we as Canadians shouldn't have to overpay for everything like homes, cars , goods & groceries, energy, taxes etc... just because of idiots & their red tape are running this country, then we are told hey be happy you have free health care in Canada, seems this free health care isn't actaully free, not saying we should change it but you get my point

as for working harder , dam i have some weeks where I'm doing 80hrs/week and investing as much as i can. and feeling if i was doing this in other parts of North America i would have a way higher standard of living then here in Toronto/GTA

Last edited:
let's waste more time on Twitter , which one would you pick ?

IMG_20230906_074631.jpg

IMG_20230906_074634.jpg

Option 2 in a heartbeat. He will make 2x but feel like 3x due to low living costs and lower taxes. If he misses his parents he can fly in once a month for the weekend. Seriously, it’s a no brainer.

I started with a 25 year amort 7 years ago and have it down to 18. Probably will be paid off on under 15.

That's if you don't upgrade. I started with 30 yr mortgage on my condo when I was single. Have 15 years left on paper. But pay more than minimum now. I'll be done in 10-12. And our housing is all based on my income. But it's a condo. If we do move to a house, we're probably looking at using combined income and adding another decade to the mortgage. If we're in a house, I figure I will have been paying a mortgage for 35-40 years by the time I'm done. And that will be half the time spent earning six figures. I have no idea how people who make less or those with huge homes make the math work.

That's if you don't upgrade. I started with 30 yr mortgage on my condo when I was single. Have 15 years left on paper. But pay more than minimum now. I'll be done in 10-12. And our housing is all based on my income. But it's a condo. If we do move to a house, we're probably looking at using combined income and adding another decade to the mortgage. If we're in a house, I figure I will have been paying a mortgage for 35-40 years by the time I'm done. And that will be half the time spent earning six figures. I have no idea how people who make less or those with huge homes make the math work.
Very similar experience here. I think the only way families can afford to buy a detached home is with big family gifts or the couple each earning 90th percentile+ incomes.​

Very similar experience here. I think the only way families can afford to buy a detached home is with big family gifts or the couple each earning 90th percentile+ incomes.​

And therein lies the problem. The missing middle basically means you can't have 3 bedrooms unless your family income is $200k. And then people ask, "But why are birth rates so low?"

Even at $200K, if you want to live close to good transit, it's hard. And forget about someplace where you can walk to work. Unless you want to spend 60% of your income on housing.

Man I need to stop visiting this thread. I'm getting depressed by every post. Some people really need to re-evaluate their lives and stop worshipping societal dogmas.

Again, to each their own, but damn, punching down the same ideologies while your growing up really does work.

It would be great if we could instantly increase the median household income to $200K by everyone launching their own successful business. Then everyone could own a detached house without increasing the supply of them! Why hasn't anyone thought of that?!?
or if we could use 10 international students in the basement as income to qualify for a mortgage approval 😅🤣😂

It would be great if we could instantly increase the median household income to $200K by everyone launching their own successful business. Then everyone could own a detached house without increasing the supply of them! Why hasn't anyone thought of that?!?
It's easy. All you need to do is recruit ten customers, and have each of them recruit ten more. Yadda yadda yadda, everyone's rich! Please buy my sh!tcoin.

It's easy. All you need to do is recruit ten customers, and have each of them recruit ten more. Yadda yadda yadda, everyone's rich! Please buy my sh!tcoin.
Ask me how I know you're the type that listens to the news as soon as you wake or on your drive to work or wherever you go.

Ask me how I know you're the type that does nothing but complain when sitting in gatherings.

Ask me how I know you're the type that searches for the best possible gas prices around you.

Ask me how I know you're the type that searches for sales while grocery shopping.

Ask me how I know you're the type that thinks the 1% is evil.

Ask me how I know you're the type that believes Capitalism is a problem.

Back