Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I wonder if anyone can share with UT the accurate # on how well 300 Front West sold during the preview period ... seeing that there are 'some' issues with this site

^... Only the builder could tell you that... and I'd take that with a grain of salt. Anything on the books for builders that mislead/exaggerate?

Relevant to 300 Front St W ... the abutting lands to the west (352 Front St W) submitted rezoning application (#08 188717) on July 31, 2008 to permit a new mixed-use development containing 396 residential units on the site, though no height was listed in the info, I suspect the building is substantially tall in order to accomodate that many units on such a small property ...

and if thats the case, no more west views for 300 Front ... that then begs the question, what is there left ??

EDIT: my apologies ... I got the site wrong... this is the application for FLY condos ... sorry

Relevant to 300 Front St W ... the abutting lands to the west (352 Front St W) submitted rezoning application (#08 188717) on July 31, 2008 to permit a new mixed-use development containing 396 residential units on the site, though no height was listed in the info, I suspect the building is substantially tall in order to accomodate that many units on such a small property ...

and if thats the case, no more west views for 300 Front ... that then begs the question, what is there left ??

Wow there is no stopping this building boom,Read an article the other day that states Toronto is the fastest growing city in North America.Not bad for this town considering that everyone thought we were going into a recession.

Let's see, 300 Front West will have 676 units at 52 floors, with some portion of those on the north podium -- call it 10 units per floor for the main tower. So a building with 396 units will likely be around 40 floors.

Will 352 Front West get its own thread, or do we need to wait for confirmation? How about a thread just to keep the list of Entertainment District towers up to date? I certainly find it difficult to keep all of them straight.

^I wonder if the TPL or a university library (Ryerson?) has these publications? Urbanation Report, for example?

Not likely, Urbanation is a rather expensive subscription (it contains detailed data on all new condo sales by project, prices, $psf, sales absorbsion rates, total units, project details etc - not only for all new condo projects, but it also tracks resales in the entire existing inventory of condo towers) - I highly doubt any libraries carry it, it isn't a free document to share.

Realnet is also a good source for accurate sales reports for high-rise, low-rise as well as any and all land and commercial transactions in the GTA as well as Calgary - they also have a very detailed database and GIS system that incorporates all sales and land data into satellite images to give subscribers an visual/geographic picture of where activity is occurring and all the relevant numbers that anyone would want, plus zoning history, OMB case history, psf or a breakdown of unit values related to property values or psf for condo units related to the original land price paid.... so there is lots of accurate and detailed data available for those willing to pay for it.

Lastly every high-rise condo sale must be enrolled with Tarion, so they have accurate data and track each and every unit sold in Ontario through to occupancy and until the warranty runs out after 7 years, although it's not put out for public consumption.

So I understand CGM's skepticism about accurate reporting, but there is accurate data out there if you know where to look and pay for the right consultants and subscriptions. Financial lenders and developers aren't making multi-million dollar decisions on data that is faulty or inaccurate. Nor is Tarion not tracking units (unless built illegally, but that's more of a problem in rural areas and in the far north).

I used to have access to Urbanation. It is highly detailed and accurate. As such, it serves as a bit of a check on anyone wanting to put out inaccurate data. Anyone who tried that would likely be called out on it, as there are enough other people who have the real numbers.

Looks nice. But I believe there are too many condos downtown. It seems like wherever there is a small gap of space, a condo is built.

Wow there is no stopping this building boom,Read an article the other day that states Toronto is the fastest growing city in North America.Not bad for this town considering that everyone thought we were going into a recession.

Do you know where you read it? I would be interested in reading it myself.

Looks nice. But I believe there are too many condos downtown. It seems like wherever there is a small gap of space, a condo is built.

There is. It's a good thing.

martha-stewart.png

Back