News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Super Duper Forum Member" ?? never seen that before Hydrogen ... congrads on your 5000 th ! :D

Oh, thanky! :eek:

I commemorate the event by thinking about how many wonderful billable hours I've spent here.

Tell me about it! You would think that during boom times of unstoppable growth and general optimism like now, everything would be cut and dried!

I assume it will be a little while longer for Ellis Don to offically move in based on the amount of time between core sampling and full tilt excavation on a dozen other sites.

What I've heard is that Ellis Don and PCL are both out, and Bazis is going to self-build. And in so doing they've made a mess out of everything, because now no general contractors want to deal with them anymore, subcontractors are going to feel pressure not to deal with them, and they're going to find it very difficult to get labour.

I haven't been by it in awhile but I was also told that they bounced out whoever it was that was doing CrystalBlu (Tucker?) and they're self-building that one as well. Has anyone been by that site lately to see who's doing the construction management?

Oh, thanky! :eek:

I commemorate the event by thinking about how many wonderful billable hours I've spent here.

I always wondered how much productivity is lost due to Urban Toronto Forum. There were some days in the office when I left UT open (often minimized in the taskbar) and spent upwards of 4 hours browsing or posting on the forum.

On the other hand, the forum sort of challenged my mind at times when work was less than stimulating (85% of the time), which, I guess, enhanced my abilities to think on my feet. I'm surprised now how easy it is to dig up web-based information at my fingertips after years of quickly trying to find stats to support arguments I had with other forum members!

Ellis Don is still doing this project. The are on site.
These rumors are starting to get out of hand. They are also random.

Ellis Don is still doing this project. The are on site.
These rumors are starting to get out of hand. They are also random.

I heard that Bazis was going to build 1BE upside down and drill 80 storeys into the ground and have the parking garage above ground as the base. :D

Finally some good news. 1BE has new financial backing.

http://admin.businessedge.ca/pictures/4718.jpg

and I thought you were serious ganjavih ~! until I clicked on that link which revealed:

4718.jpg

and I continue to await ANY announcements from Bazis on 1BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back