News   May 21, 2024
 965     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 595     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 464     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

Taking a page out of the No Frills book of cringe-meme marketing.

No doubt but who in their right mind would wear this merch.

I will digress though. In College I created a line of designer paper bags as part of a marketing project. I called them "the hag, the face covering for the less attractive woman"

In retrospect, it was a bad idea.

Taking a page out of the No Frills book of cringe-meme marketing.

This is a company, even before RBI; probably ever since the Wendy's merger of an earlier era........that lost its way.

We've discussed the details ad nauseum above.

No need to rehash them all.

Suffice to say, the overlords there still don't get what Tim's was to most Canadians, or what it could be now (albeit it would take time to repair the damaged brand).

Tim's has long since lost what it was; without finding a new raison d'etre.

That is reflected in this bizarre and I would expect (and hope) less than successful marketing ploy.

Richard, with those kind of revelations about yourself, I'm not sure I would use my real name and profile photo ;)

Tim Hortons to drop limited double-double-inspired merch starting Wednesday

I can see the Canadiana appeal of some Timmie related things, like…

Via BlahTO:

242700054_202584731972592_2712554756618878977_n.png

The Star's Vinay Menon chimes in............

The full headline:

View attachment 352406
LOL at this one. I noticed tho they've been expanding in asia. Seems like the southeast likes their coffee

LOL at this one. I noticed tho they've been expanding in asia. Seems like the southeast likes their coffee

Indeed.......as of last month they were at 199 locations in China; but with plans to literally double that by year's end.

Their mid-term projection has been revised from 1,500 outlets to 2,750 outlets in China.

Though, it needs to be said, that's still fewer outlets than in Canada.

China is an enormous market.

Also, China doesn't have a coffee-drinking history in the same way as North America or parts of Europe. So its a comparatively nascent market.

First movers have a real advantage.

Last edited:
Why does it look like their legs got run over by a car? Is that a Drive-Thru reference or something?
Was in Cobourg yesterday on a 500 km ride with my motorcycle mates. Due to claims of staff shortages the in-restaurant was closed, forcing us to walk through the drive through.

Interestingly as we sat out front there was a steady stream (no pun indented) of seniors wanting to use the toilets, and left wanting. Clearly that’s a core Tim’s demographic, geriatric urine.

Back