News   Mar 28, 2024
 998     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Global aviation industry news

While you are right that the technology was installed to compensate for inherent instability brought on by a design change done on the cheap (and not being upfront about the training required), technology has been used to manage increasing complexity - both in aircraft and flight operations - for years. Without it, you'd be sitting at the airport with your five fellow passengers waiting for the weather to clear after sunrise.

While you are right that the technology was installed to compensate for inherent instability brought on by a design change done on the cheap (and not being upfront about the training required), technology has been used to manage increasing complexity - both in aircraft and flight operations - for years. Without it, you'd be sitting at the airport with your five fellow passengers waiting for the weather to clear after sunrise.
I know it was more dangerous, but it must have been glamorous to fly across the Empire in the 1930s era Handley Page H.P.42 or Short Empire.

1fc48ed73c4b3100af00f8a9bde3b0ce--flying-magazine-cutaway.jpg

5107656162_3d94dfbc59_z.jpg

As one interested in the empire and aviation, I was born in the wrong age.

Maybe the FAA, not the manufacturer should do the certifying.

FAA? They were part of the problem:

AoD

This has me wondering if the Max was just the tip of the iceberg.

I am curious if Boeing has a systemic defect with all of their planes. I realise that the 747 through to the 777 have flown without issue for decades but something is up.
IDK, Indonesia is known for pilot farms, and fatal crashes, with nearly 2,000 dead in the brief history of Indonesian civil aviation.

Compared to Canadian based airlines, I expect (but I’d need to check) that fewer than 200 people have died in their entire postwar history. A quick Google check, Air Canada has had less than 140 deaths. I’d have to check CP, Canadian, West Jet, etc., but I’ll take a Canadian airline over Indonesian any day.

Last edited:
IDK, Indonesia is known for pilot farms, and fatal crashes, with nearly 2,000 dead in the brief history of Indonesian civil aviation. Compared to Canadian based airlines, I expect (but I’d need to check) that fewer than 100 people have died in our entire history.

It's way higher than that but you make a good point. Factors such as pilot training, aircraft maintenance, safety standards, etc. can be pretty wanting in some countries.

Flair Airlines could be grounded in Canada over foreign control concerns

April 12, 2022

Ultra low-cost carrier Flair Airlines could lose its right to operate in Canada over concerns that too much of its operations are controlled by a U.S.-based partner, according to a preliminary review from the country’s transportation watchdog obtained by Global News.

The decision, for which Flair is seeking an exemption, could see the airline’s operating licence suspended on May 3, leaving Canadian air travellers with summer travel plans stranded at the gate.

Some air industry observers are watching the proceedings skeptically, wondering about the lack of transparency around the review, while others say the airline has long been playing too loose with Canadian ownership requirements.

“If you’re buying a ticket for travel beyond May 3rd… buy insurance and make sure you’re ready for some turbulence along the way,” says John Gradek, a professor with McGill University’s aviation management program who’s following the case.

Back