News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 858     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Thanks for posting the photos! I can see the building from the other side, and could see the crane activity but only just the tip of it at the top. I was curious (but too lzay to walk over). :)

what a cool toy - I would have killed to have that as a kid...

It was made by a professional Lego designer from Holland. It contains over 10000 pieces and extends to over 9ft. His largest crane however, was over 14ft.

But that's off topic. Amazing pictures dt geek - from a closet-crane-Aficionado...

I recall reading somewhere that there are 3 supersized cranes in the world, built in Japan I think, which spend their time in transit or at construction sites dismantling cranes. Big bucks. Book early and hope hope hope you are ready when it arrives. :)

"The crane is called the Platform Twinring. There are actually three of them in the fleet. The other two are newer and refered to as PTC's. PTC stands for Platform Twinring Containerised. These two can be disassembled into 6 m and 12 m shipping containers and every piece of the crane can be lifted with a normal container crane on any dock anywhere in the world. They have the fittings already molded into the ends so they can go from any container crane onto any truck/trailer that normally handles shipping containers. These cranes are the best giants that exist anywhere."

The largest crane in the world is the K-10000 by KROLL GIANT TOWERCRANES

k10000drawntoscale.gif

Thanks! I'm kicking myself now for not taking my camera out with me. That crazy crane was so much more dramatic looking up from the ground.

Verve's Height

There was a question about Verve's official height. This is the number that construction gave me:

129.63 metres or 425.3 ft.

Webmaster... any idea if the prow of the ship will be finished properly... or whether the assumption is @ 400 feet no-one will notice this poured concrete "crown". Thorny as it may be.

There's a $9.99 concrete finish available at Home Depot (just add water)... probably no more than 20 bags ($200 total) to temper the crown pour. Just saying.

May 13th

From Wellesley St. W. & Queens Park Cres.

PICT1401.jpg

thats actually an interesting scenario... but then again, nothing wrong with Verve and X will look amamzing where its going. Love those shots from Mike in TO with the first Spirit tower in the distnace. Looking back in the opposite direction, Verve makes a great impact on the east side from the Gardiner!

Back