News   May 08, 2024
 587     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 858     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2K     3 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the pictures!

Is there any updated info about construction starts for the James Cooper building?

James Cooper Mansion Update

Right now there is the preparation of moving the 800 tonne mansion and the demolition of the Bingo Hall. It will be the largest move of a building in Canada so there is a great deal of work in the planning and protection of the mansion.

Demolition should happen within the next month and excavation of the site will start around the same time. The Mansion has to be moved twice. Once towards the west to allow the pouring of its new foundation close to the street and then the move to its final location close to the street.

You can follow the slo-mo action on the contruction camera.

I'm currently producing a video documentary of the move which we're looking at getting online, possibly in two or three parts. I will be taking additional photography throughout the process which I'll post on Urban Toronto.

To view the past media event of James Cooper Mansion go to Youtube or the James Cooper Mansion pages on the Tridel website.

There was an interesting article in the National Post on March 29 that you might find interesting.

Thanks for the info Tridel, but I see you have a similar post in the correct thread, making this post rather spam-like. Please do not post anymore info about the James Cooper Mansion in this thread, or it will be deleted.

I found these amusing pictures in another forum:

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

who let those couple of stoners up there? Very cool pics - at first I thought someone might have stolen them from Tridel's post and tried to retouch them... but after viewing them all, its likely his buddy's pictures.

p.s. - I really need to get one of those mini retractable tripods!

It is either Tridelwebmaster and friend or Jimbo and Cearny.... "Dude, Videotaping This Crime Spree Is The Best Idea We've Ever Had!"

Apparently it's just two random guys! They had a little blurb accompanying the pictures saying that they went there on a Sunday to sneak in, thinking nobody would be around, but to their surprise there were workers on site, and when the one guy asked a worker where the stairs were, he immediately showed them - no questions asked! :D

If you're willing to climb 40 flights of stairs to get aerial shots of the city, you shouldn't be stopped. Glad nobody fell to their deaths. Some really nice shots in that set.

If you're willing to climb 40 flights of stairs to get aerial shots of the city, you shouldn't be stopped. Glad nobody fell to their deaths. Some really nice shots in that set.

Billy and I walked up some 30 floors when 1 King was being built to get a view from the then top floor. Spent the rest of the day in bed.

Man the prow of Verve is the ultimate spot for a 180 or even 270 degree megapano of Toronto (morning SE sun)..... imagine the "future pano".

I'd almost be wiling to put a deposit down on a Tridel condo for such a shot(s)...

Wonder what the curious little concrete boxes plus screws are for...lighting feature? window-washers?

Back