News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 342     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 907     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

during the afternoon of May 4, 2008

2008_05040006.jpg

2008_05040007.jpg

I must agree that this glass is pretty darned nice! I got my first look at it in the dark last night and its completely different than in the daylight.

thanks so much for the pics. I can see it now from the Gardiner but I'm having a problem seeing it as the same height as the Toronto Dominion Centre's tallest building.

It looks like the forms were raised again this morning. The next time they are raised, you won't be able to see them on the webcam. We also have 2 complete levels of glass now visible in the webcam also.

Yes, I was watching the webcam yesterday as they were installing the glass, I was actually having a good a pretty good time. The steel is also rising so fast too!! - I believe the forms are now at level 36/35 depending on how you count level 13.

15 Floors to go!!

oh -oh. Edward we are wrong. 15 floors to the top of the offices on floor 51, but 18 floors to the top of the mechanical. So 54 floors total.

Ok....2 more floors until the next core narrowing. at floor 37-38.

I have attached a visual reference.

realfloorsbahq1.png

I believe the forms are now at level 36/35 depending on how you count level 13.

Yup, that's my count also.

Ok....2 more floors until the next core narrowing. at floor 37-38.

I think the core narrowing happens at the 40th floor, so 4 more to go. This is based on the floor plans from the BA website. There seems to be a couple storeys of mechanical workings at the top of each elevator shaft.

I agree that it looks like it should be topped out by late summer. Should give them lots of time to finish things off before the advertised completion date of July '09

Return of the Facade

The first level of the restored facade

dsc00715eq6.jpg

Springtime at Bay and Adelaide

dsc00714bl3.jpg

^ That second photo is remarkable. It makes me think of those 'tower in the park' renders of suburban condos.

Back