News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 610     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 295     0 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Bad quality due to cell-phone photo, but here's a picture of Verve in the skyline:

2376053002_c18d3996e8_b.jpg

I love that old red brick building on Yonge. If only the one at Gould were restored to similar glory.

Verve photos in and around the tower

View of the downtown core from the southwest corner of the roof with a good view of Maple Leaf Gardens and Lake Ontario off in the distance.

20080320-view-southwest.jpg

I shot some photos around the building during a video shoot on March 20. It was a bleak day but I did manage to take a few interesting photos in and around the building.

Here's the view from PH residence 5's bedroom bedroom.

20080320-r5-bedroom.jpg

This is the living room view for PH Residence 2:
20080320-ph2-living.jpg

The view from the living room of PH Residence 4 looking towards the northeast:

20080320-r4-view.jpg

View north towards Yonge & Eglinton showing the dramatic weather changes happening that day:

20080320-view-north-roof.jpg

Northwest shot from the roof towards Yonge & Bloor.

20080320-northwest-roof.jpg

View from the roof looking west along Wellesley. You can see Lake Ontario off to the left.

20080320-view-west-roof.jpg

View down the east side of the building:

20080320-east-view-down.jpg

The cordless bungie jump view from the roof looking down the north side of the building to Verve's loft roof and swimming pool.

20080320-loft-roof.jpg

The view from the roof looking down the west side of the building to Wellesley below. To the left there is the interesting architectural feature that the southwest suites 2D+den suites enjoy. A triangular outcropping provides almost a 270 degree view from the living room. This is one of mine and the construction crews favourite suite designs (beside the southern penthouses up top). It gets a great south light in the winter.

20080320-view-down-west.jpg

A view of "The Boat" on Verve's roof which houses the building's mechanicals.

20080320-the-boat.jpg

Inside "The Boat" housing building mechanicals and air conditioning. This was a challenging piece to form because all the mechanicals (17,000 lb air conditioning unit!) had to be installed and formed around. The air conditioning was a lot of fun to install as it had to be manhandled into position the last couple of feet due to weight restrictions of the crane.

20080320-air-conditioning.jpg

Looking up one of the two elevator shafts and showing that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel:

20080320-elevator-shaft.jpg

The suites are well along to completion. Drywall is being installed past the 30th floor and cabinetry and appliances going in to the lower quarter of the building. Here's a shot of an almost finished suite on the lower level:

20080320-kitchen.jpg

The Verve Construction video turned out well. I'll post the Youtube link when the post production is completed.

Thanks TridelWebmaster.

Next time you are up there on a sunny day (morning with the sun in the east), you should shoot a 360 of Toronto... you are in the perfect location.

If you take the shots (just be sure to overlap) I'll stitch and clean up... good deal???

Wow, amazing shots... you're totally my new hero. Thank you!

There are some great angles and views of downtown that we've never been able to see before!

And the building looks pretty good, too.

First of all, amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. Those are some pretty amazing views from up there (in all directions) that show off Toronto's density and different high-rise neighbourhoods.

View from the roof looking west along Wellesley. You can see Lake Ontario off to the right.

20080320-view-west-roof.jpg

This picture here is really interesting. Queens Park is completely blocked out. I would like to see this picture in 3 years when the Bay Corridor between College and Charles is book-ended by Murano and St. Joseph condos.

On a clearer day you can see the peaks of Mississauga's triangles, I mean towers.

absolutely killer pics! I hope you were wearing a safety harness for several of them! Some great new views of the city! That view west along Wellesley is indeed impressive...

3D - are you sure you can make a 360' image from this location? I think it will only work if you can put the camera on a tripod with unobstructed views in all directions. As it is I think he has to walk around to different spots to get the different views. You can try it, but it will likely be well distorted...

Wow, amazing pics! Great perspective on the density of residential highrises around there.

Is Toronto the most SimCity-like city in the world?

Panoramic shots from Verve

I'd have to be harnessed to shoot a 360 from the roof because the only point to shoot unobstructed is from the prow of "The Boat". It's difficult to set up a tripod on Verve's roof because of the wind. On the day we shot the video I spent quite a bit of time blocking the wind for the videographer because the video camera was shaking so bad. It was hard enough just to keep our hard hats on.

I have shots to the east and southeast but the weather was pretty bad from that angle.

The shots looking down the side of the building I just extended my arm over the edge while trying to keep my hard hat from blowing off with the other. A harness wasn't needed although a harnessed shot hanging over the edge would have given great pictures and would be fun to do.

I wanted to shoot from the crane but we're not allowed on it.

I don't want you to fall 39 storeys.... but the pics you posted suggest to me that 85% of the pano could be had without harness, life insurance etc.

Don't worry about the "Prow"... this too can be repaired. Pick a good day and you'll be pleased with the results.

Absolutely killer pics, Tridelwebmaster....:)

Thanks for the ongoing posts, Tridelwebmaster. Fantastic images.

The views from the PH are fantastic.

The vertigo shots were great, too.

So what Tridel man is really saying: most of the time the balconies near the top are useless. So why have balconies so high up?

The photos also make me realize how easy it would be to restore Toronto the Good's architecture-style c.1945: There's not really that many slabs that would have to be imploded--perhaps only several dozen?

Back