• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
mccain is a war hero & huckabee is a baptist minister

I suppose some Republicans wish they could just get them to be grafted into one single package.

I suppose some Republicans wish they could just get them to be grafted into one single package.

maybe they're dumb enough to try it out and the resulting immune rejection will eliminate the competition for the dems. :D

imo as of now, obama is the best for the job.
There's no way that America will elect anyone with the name Hussein Obama. Yes, it's true that you can't choose the names your parents give you, but in America, IMO, this will make a big impact. Imagine if Hillary's middle name was Hitler, Quadaffi or Bin Laden. Would you expect this to have an impact?

There's no way that America will elect anyone with the name Hussein Obama. Yes, it's true that you can't choose the names your parents give you, but in America, IMO, this will make a big impact. Imagine if Hillary's middle name was Hitler, Quadaffi or Bin Laden. Would you expect this to have an impact?

only if lead paint is still in widespread use.

only if lead paint is still in widespread use.
Well, as they say on Hammy Hamster, that's another story.

I think the electorate will baulk at voting for a Hussein for president. Why he didn't change his name years ago is beyond me. If my middle name was Hitler, Ho Chi Mihn (sp?), or any leader that the nation had fought long and hard against, and I had political goals, I'd be changing it.

Which would then become an even bigger story than the fact that his little-used middle name happens to be the same as millions of others around the world. Hussein is a far more common name than Hitler ever was and I think most Americans will view it as ironic if anything. Anyone who has a problem with it would be firmly in the GOP camp aynway.

I prefer Macain even though he is republican.

But there's also King Hussein, the now-dead moderate leader of Jordan. The suggestion that Obama is unelectable because of his middle name is laughable, even though there will be blowhards that will use it against him.

What about the millions of Americans who drink water, er, beer made by the Adolph Coors Brewing Company? (Now part of Molson Coors).

Seriously, John McCain the best choice?

I was thinking for the republican side.

Mitt and Mike are far to right wing Christian for my taste.

On the Democratic side, I see Obama and Clinton as both great candidates and I think that they should at least both team up as a president/Vice president team no matter who wins.

Obama is a man who can excite many people with his words while Clinton can be the strong man (i mean women), who is always on the attack and talking about the issues.

Which would then become an even bigger story than the fact that his little-used middle name happens to be the same as millions of others around the world. Hussein is a far more common name than Hitler ever was and I think most Americans will view it as ironic if anything. Anyone who has a problem with it would be firmly in the GOP camp aynway.

that's what i was thinking.

This will be a good battle on the Dems side.

Nevada maybe goes to Obama , maybe goes to Clinton.

South Carolina goes to Obama; the black female vote should push him over the edge there.....

On the Democratic side, I see Obama and Clinton as both great candidates and I think that they should at least both team up as a president/Vice president team no matter who wins
IMO, there's no chance that Hillary will be Obama's running mate as VP.

Interesting note, have you noticed how in much of the media Hillary Clinton is referred to simply as Hillary, while Barrek Obama is always Obama. We're already on first name basis with the former first lady. One could argue that this is to differentiate her from Bill Clinton, but we never did this with Bush Jr.

Back