Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

One of my favourite pictures shows a car in England just outside an army base. A tank cut a corner. Remarkably noone was hurt. the front of the car looks like a giant potato masher got it.

UrbanDreamer, you've left us hanging here.... (My guess is because the side walls could cave in).

On to CASA...

A few actions shots from this morning. Good to see a seemingly full crew working as they continue rising up the sloped garage from P4 up to P3.

DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1475.jpg

DSCN1477.jpg

DSCN1478.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

^That's one reason I'd never buy a condo with underground parking: too much pain in arse to park my car. Then you gotta wait for an elevator to the 100th floor..... Ugh.

I'm impatient .

Having gone to and fro between skyscrapers and conventional homes in both urban and suburban settings, there are both positives and negatives regarding the parking of your vehicles, whether they be motor car, mini-van, motor bike or SUV.

Thinking back to Chicago and Minneapolis - where I was fortunate enough to live briefly in luxury towers - you can get complimentary vehicle washes in those garages, have someone warm your car up on a cold day, or in some instances connect to a so-called 'engine block warmer'. It almost, just almost makes up for the narrow spaces, the sporatic vandalism, the dust in your lungs, the oddball that parks in your space, the van that creeps over the line forcing you to enter your vehicle on the wrong side, and a number of other minor irritations.

Casa Condominium Progress Dec 5, 2007

Moving along nicely on this -10 celcius morning... P4 is now completely covered, as is half of P3...

DSCN1485.jpg

DSCN1486.jpg

DSCN1487.jpg

DSCN1489.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

^According to the info I have, those two slots right below the yellow gas can thingy are supposed to be two sets of stairs... they seem pretty narrow for the only two staircases in the building...? Or maybe they're just this narrow for the below ground parking garage?

A loose rule used to be occupancy would begin about 1 year after the building hits street level. Casa, I'd say spring or early summer of 2009 given it's height.

Thinking back to Chicago and Minneapolis - where I was fortunate enough to live briefly in luxury towers - you can get complimentary vehicle washes in those garages, have someone warm your car up on a cold day, or in some instances connect to a so-called 'engine block warmer'. It almost, just almost makes up for the narrow spaces, the sporatic vandalism, the dust in your lungs, the oddball that parks in your space, the van that creeps over the line forcing you to enter your vehicle on the wrong side, and a number of other minor irritations.

good observations with a nice touch of humour. Ive been seeing a lot of your posts in other threads outside 1 St Thomas and I can finally admit that you are human...

in the middle of this month I am moving to a mid-rise apt building in Niagara Falls with a giant outdoor lot with no assigned spaces, no visitor specific spots. Should be an interesting free for all... luckily the lot seems over sized for the number of cars fighting for spots

If you look closely at this photo posted by casaguy, you can see the parking garage lighting/electrical being installed before the next level is poured in what will be the ceiling. It's interesting to see it in action.

Casa-November272007.jpg

Nicely pointed out. Welcome to the Forum Toronto West!

^That's one reason I'd never buy a condo with underground parking: too much pain in arse to park my car. Then you gotta wait for an elevator to the 100th floor..... Ugh.

I'm impatient and just wanna get into my pad asap! Thus, park in my suburban garage and into my house with big private back yard:)

I'd rather wait 2 minutes for an elevator and another 2 minutes while it takes me to my floor than spend 3 hours in my car every day commuting to and from my 'pad'.
Oh, and parking isn't a problem if you have enough room to fit 3 cars in your parking spot(s) as I do. ::D

Back