News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Very interesting to play that with pauses every moment to see what's moving around the assembly - different platforms, jigs, and so forth.

It's remarkable that few (if any?) photos have leaked out of the Thunder Bay shops showing a similar assembly process for Flexities - how many are there on the floor at a time? Are the modules assembled in separate lines and brought together, or is each car built up in one spot? Do the cars move through the plant, or are they assembled in place?

And most importantly, considering the pace - How often do they blow the dustbunnies and tumbleweeds out over the course of one assembly?

- Paul

Very interesting to play that with pauses every moment to see what's moving around the assembly - different platforms, jigs, and so forth.

It's remarkable that few (if any?) photos have leaked out of the Thunder Bay shops showing a similar assembly process for Flexities - how many are there on the floor at a time? Are the modules assembled in separate lines and brought together, or is each car built up in one spot? Do the cars move through the plant, or are they assembled in place?

And most importantly, considering the pace - How often do they blow the dustbunnies and tumbleweeds out over the course of one assembly?

- Paul
The TB Plant clearly works so slowly that any film would probably have to be speeded up too much to be clear :->

Will 4423 enter service this weekend??

Its currently westbound on 506 on Main St

Haven't been following it, but was out in the west end earlier today.

4401 is supposed to be in front of the Barn. Once it shows up at Hillcrest, you know 4402 is about to arrive so it catch a ride to TB.

I wonder if they might be keeping her around so they can double check everywhere is safe to use the pans once the network has all been upgraded.
The last I heard, its to go onto the flat that 4402 came down on to get it rebuilt due to the high mileage on it already and give TTC another car to use for service.

The full system will not be converted until 2017.

Is Bombardier sticking to their new schedule, or are we already delayed?
4402 due this month and that leave 8 more for the year. Need to see a car about every 2 weeks now to meet the schedule for this year.

4402 due this month and that leave 8 more for the year. Need to see a car about every 2 weeks now to meet the schedule for this year.

4423 eastbound on King as I type this.

I suspect the 30 delivered by end of the year includes 4402 - so only 7 after 4402. They need 8 cars in about 21 weeks. Closer to one every 3 weeks - they might make it yet.

If you were to assign probabilities to "on schedule" and "delayed again", what would they be? Remember - past performance does not predict future results. But for BBD, with this contract, it's pretty damn predictive.

they might make it yet.

Optimistic view - right on schedule.
Even in the face of continued evidence to the contrary.

Kinda related: does anyone know the status of the refurbishment of the ALRV's?

How many have been refurbed? How many left?

Buddy told me 4413 was involved in a collision on college last week. Any one hear about it?
Found a picture of the accident in a Facebook group.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160805-130622.png
    Screenshot_20160805-130622.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 347

Back