News   May 08, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Zip & Vibe at Liberty Village (Monarch, 2x 24s, G+C) COMPLETE

Taken today in the grey gloom

4360376410_27775a2056.jpg

4360379048_a2dd34ea14.jpg

IMO, the podium is much better then the ones on its sisters.

4359641873_804df12fe4.jpg

This tower does look better but I think it has more to due with it looking slim. The colours aren't bad but the podium is tacky and the roof probably will as well. Mixed results again.....

February 20 2010 update

Southwest + East Elevations - VIBE's topping off
Click to Enlarge

March 31 2010 update

Northwest / Southwest / Southeast Elevations - only 2 levels of windows & spandrels left to do
Click to Enlarge

PDI disaster

Hi all,

I would like to hear from others who bought into this building in regards to the quality of work encountered at thier PDI.

The attention to detail and the quality of workmanship in my suite was HORENDUS. I will follow up shortly with pictures for all to view and comment.

In the mean while here is a short list of some of the problems which i encountered.

1. Bathtub - bottom corner where the tub meets the tile on the floor has a 1" chunk missing out of it, they patched it with grey grout.
2. Caulking around main living room window was sloppy and unacceptable.
3. Base boards and trim were disgusting, crooked cuts and sloppy patching/painting
4. All edges of stipple ceiling had paint on them, not to mention the stipple sealing work was disgusting.
5. Only one coat of paint throughout most of the suite, you could clearly see the primer. Not to mention all cuts around door frames. recepticles Etc. Was sloppy and the brush marks clearly evident.
6. Kitchen cabients all chipped up and sloppy.
7. In bedroom where window meets carpet, they did not install the threshhold and carpet was easily lifted to expose dustly concrete floors below. carpet around bedroom was also sloppy not tucked under baseboards and frays everwhere.
8. Near front door laminate was damaged, clearly somthing was dragged here.
9. Suite cleaning? dead fruit flies everwhere around windows. dust everywhere and under kitchen vanity particle board everwhere, somone drilled and did not clean.
10. Tile work in tub was sloppy UGLY 45 degree cuts in corners.
11. Lots of painting and patching still required throughout whole suite.

I was very optimistc when going to my PDI as Monarch has a great reputation. However I am used to Tridel quality, perhaps this was my downfall.

Cant wait to post pictures.

Back