News   Jul 15, 2024
 481     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 589     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Your experiences with the 2010 Museum subway diversion (May 22–25, Aug 14-15)

For me, the problem wasn't at Museum per se, it was the Finch/Kipling/Kennedy/Downsview-at-evening-rush E/Wbound clogging going into Museum...

I hit Reply with Quote. But lemme guess: You top-post your E-mail, right?
You didn't hit reply with quote - there was no quote - why are you deceiving us?

Lemme? Not in my dictionary.

Wow ... I don't think I've heard anyone remark about top-posting e-mail since the decade before last!

I think you need to learn a bit about formatting! Perhaps you don't believe in presentation and such, but I think it is important. A clear presentation of what you are trying to say makes it easier for us all to communicate.

You didn't hit reply with quote - there was no quote - why are you deceiving us?

Lemme? Not in my dictionary.

Wow ... I don't think I've heard anyone remark about top-posting e-mail since the decade before last!

I think you need to learn a bit about formatting! Perhaps you don't believe in presentation and such, but I think it is important. A clear presentation of what you are trying to say makes it easier for us all to communicate.

What the heck are you guys talking about?

What the heck are you guys talking about?
I noted that he hadn't made clear what he was replying to ... and he said he'd used the Reply with Quote button ... which he couldn't have, given that there was no quote shown. Perhaps he's using a Mac or something that doesn't do things properly.

Looks like this will be happening again sooner than anyone would've expected or hoped.

Maintenance using this method is significantly cheaper, even with all of the additional hands at Museum, than the usual method so it isn't surprising that it is being used heavily.

The usual method being working at night?

Yes. Setting up and tearing down every night (tear-down includes testing to ensure the system is ready for the day) can take more time than actual work accomplished.

For this they setup once, do all of the work over a few shifts during the ~48 hours window, then tear-down/test once.

Back