News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 655     1 

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Nope, sorry!

if I go on Friday and half the places are under construction I will consider it a complete disappointment.. especially with Christmas coming around... Im just going to list off a bunch of random stores that yorkdale does not have but other malls do have.... Hollister, Abercrombie, Forever 21, Lego store, sporting life... Now these are middle brands but they are still lacking from the mall...

if I go on Friday and half the places are under construction I will consider it a complete disappointment.. especially with Christmas coming around... Im just going to list off a bunch of random stores that yorkdale does not have but other malls do have.... Hollister, Abercrombie, Forever 21, Lego store, sporting life... Now these are middle brands but they are still lacking from the mall...

And I'd be disappointed if those were the stores that are going to open after the 16th in 2013 or whenever.

And I'd be disappointed if those were the stores that are going to open after the 16th in 2013 or whenever.

Well its not like I want exclusively those stores, but Yorkdale should have all the stores that other malls have plus the exclusive stores. Its not like Im mentioning lower end stores here. PLus everything yorkdale opens cant be ultra high end. in my opinion these are all pretty high end teenager stores and who wouldnt want a lego store. Plus sporting life kills sport check... You make it sound like Im requested a TOYS TOYS TOYS store.. although Toys r us would be nice.

Well its not like I want exclusively those stores, but Yorkdale should have all the stores that other malls have plus the exclusive stores. Its not like Im mentioning lower end stores here. PLus everything yorkdale opens cant be ultra high end. in my opinion these are all pretty high end teenager stores and who wouldnt want a lego store. Plus sporting life kills sport check... You make it sound like Im requested a TOYS TOYS TOYS store.. although Toys r us would be nice.

I would definitely like a Lego store but if Yorkdale is looking to distinguish itself from other malls, then it can still go mid range/upper end without a Hollister and A&F. Just my opinion. I don't want to see only ultra high end either - I'd still like to be able to shop there :)

I would definitely like a Lego store but if Yorkdale is looking to distinguish itself from other malls, then it can still go mid range/upper end without a Hollister and A&F. Just my opinion. I don't want to see only ultra high end either - I'd still like to be able to shop there :)

Id like to note that I have never been in any of the stores i listed other then the lego store and sporting life. Damn I would like a sporting life... Hollister A&E and Forever 21 seem to be in every decent mall but yorkdale and in my opinion thats not a good thing. Its not as if they are discount by any means..

Id like to note that I have never been in any of the stores i listed other then the lego store and sporting life. Damn I would like a sporting life... Hollister A&E and Forever 21 seem to be in every decent mall but yorkdale and in my opinion thats not a good thing. Its not as if they are discount by any means..

I don't think 40 stores are going to be in this expansion. 40 probably includes the fact that some stores (like Apple and Club Monaco) will move into new spaces in the new wing, opening up their spaces for other stores.

The new wing will open (according to this Star article) on the same day, with the exception of two stores (holt renfrew and another store). This article says there will be 29 new stores in the new wing - this matches up fairly closely to the leasing plan that was leaked a couple of months ago. I don't think there will be any stores that we haven't heard of as of yet... http://www.thestar.com/living/fashi...etzky-and-the-band-train-to-promote-expansion

Remember that of the 145K of net new space - Holts took a large chunk of it; also stores like Anthropologie and Joey's are large in terms of square footage.

the more interesting thing will probably be what stores replace Apple and Club Monaco Lululemon in their former locations....

Based off the leasing plan I think we can surmise the 27 new stores:

Apple
Club Monaco
Lacoste
Starbucks
Bell
Bluenotes
Champs
Mappins
Telus
Hugo Boss
Scotiabank
Lululemon

Tesla
Ted Baker
kate Spade
Joeys
Anthropologie
Microsoft
Loft
Diesel
North Face
David's Tea
Rolex Boutique
L’Occitane,
Papyrus,
Ta-ze,
Wilfred Boutique

That's 27 stores right there... Holts makes 28...

you forgot Samsung.... basically the question is will another expansion be announced? obviously we all can think of stores that didn't make the list so if another expansion happened the spots would fill quite easily... with Sherway announcing and now under construction will it be far off from when yorkdale starts their next expansion? has sherways announcement made yorkdale ramp up its next phase quicker than originally planned? Im hoping for one more expansion. Eaton Centre and Square one are still bigger and there are stores that will be missing from this mall. Id also like to make my sad repeated request for a Lucky Lanes bowling alley.. Most of the time bowling alleys can be Dingy but the Lucky Lanes in Vaughan mills and the Ballroom downtown show that it can be done right. I like that I can shop and eat at the mall. But It would be nice if there was something to do rather then just go and see a movie.

you forgot Samsung.... basically the question is will another expansion be announced? obviously we all can think of stores that didn't make the list so if another expansion happened the spots would fill quite easily... with Sherway announcing and now under construction will it be far off from when yorkdale starts their next expansion? has sherways announcement made yorkdale ramp up its next phase quicker than originally planned? Im hoping for one more expansion. Eaton Centre and Square one are still bigger and there are stores that will be missing from this mall. Id also like to make my sad repeated request for a Lucky Lanes bowling alley.. Most of the time bowling alleys can be Dingy but the Lucky Lanes in Vaughan mills and the Ballroom downtown show that it can be done right. I like that I can shop and eat at the mall. But It would be nice if there was something to do rather then just go and see a movie.

Samsung makes 29 :)
Also 29 plus 12 moves makes 41... which is basically covers the "40 new stores" angle.

I personally can't see Yorkdale expanding further for a little bit... (until Nordstrom and Oxford come to terms). Some stores may be "missing" but you're probably talking about 10-20 missing stores that are available elsewhere that aren't at Yorkdale and would meet Oxford's requirements (20 is probably pushing it). I know people mention Abercrombie and Hollister... but for whatever reason (perhaps they skew younger) yorkdale is seemingly uninterested in including them - their parent company also isn't doing that well financially so new store openings. Sporting Life is a small chain and Yorkdale would cannibalize their Yonge/Eg store. Sherway's expansion was about catch-up to Yorkdale. Not exceeding it.

Sherway's expansion was about catch-up to Yorkdale. Not exceeding it.

This is true... But yorkdales been ahead for so long that sherway has been a distant threat. With Sherway expanding it will be more of a problem for Yorkdale. I agree those Aber and Hollister have obviously not appealed to yorkdale which I find curious since there are a number of other tenager stores which I wouldn't consider as high end at yorkdale. As for Nordstrom I always thought they would be taking over Sears so it wouldn't need an expansion. Anyways If there are 10-20 stores available elsewhere you add in another 10 exclusives and presto you need an expansion. I don't think its a far off possibility.

Superdry was also part of the leaked floor plan. Yorkdale was very specific about 40 new first to market brands - could have been a lot of hype though. I'm personally happy about Ted Baker, and always nice to see Ann Taylor and Kate Spade for the Mrs. Can't afford a Rolex, but still nice to see :)
I'm thinking there are still some announcements coming from the relocated Apple, etc...

A men's J.Crew store is still missing at Yorkdale. I'm surprised that the expansion didn't include that. Oh, and LOFT isn't technically part of the newly expanded wing. It's actually the old Mango spot.

Superdry was also part of the leaked floor plan. Yorkdale was very specific about 40 new first to market brands - could have been a lot of hype though. I'm personally happy about Ted Baker, and always nice to see Ann Taylor and Kate Spade for the Mrs. Can't afford a Rolex, but still nice to see :)
I'm thinking there are still some announcements coming from the relocated Apple, etc...

No. They were specific about 40 new stores. I think all 40 becoming first to market became a bit of an urban toronto legend...
:)

Yorkdale Shopping Centre Announces $220 Million Expansion
TORONTO, Jan. 25 /CNW/ - Canadians wanted it and now they have it: more of the world's top brands available to shop right here on home soil, thanks to an exciting new $220 million expansion that will add more than 145,000 square feet and 40 new stores to Yorkdale.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/764025/yorkdale-shopping-centre-announces-220-million-expansion

I hope Superdry does end up opening. I was looking forward to that one.

Back