News   Jul 15, 2024
 170     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 619     1 

York Gardens Town Homes (346 Jarvis, 4s)

What a quick change.

March18th-09018.jpg

I saw it today and was amazed at the transformation. The beautiful brick that was applied to the east elevation (all the way up to the gable) in now being applied to the south elevation (again all the way up to the gable) As far as the exterior is concerned this is turning out to be "first rate" We need to change to title of this thread to "Former eyesore". From what I can see it is really turning out to be a little gem. BTW your photo is not showing up (for me at least).

Last edited:
Try Flickr or Picasa for photo-hosting.

good blending of the brick colour ... it looks already slightly weathered.

was it intended that way or a result of smoke damage from the fire?

Have to say, I'm very pleased with the brick exterior on this one, but I'm not forgetting the poor workmanship beneath. Wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole, but at least they contribute nicely to the streetscape :)

Wow. This is pretty hilarious. And so the ugly duckling realized that he only had to hang around for a couple of years, get set on fire, and get covered in a pile of red bricks to suddenly become a swan.

I see the poor workmanship now.

Anyways, I wouldn't call it a swan either. And, what is with the puny windows.

Well it doesn't look HALF as bed next to the ballet school/that red brick building than I was expecting. I actually don't mind this.

If this were spec infill on Dovercourt or Jones, I doubt you'd be huzzahing so much...

Some company purchased this rats nest to get it finished and I think they are doing a fair job so far given what they had to work with. The brick is great.

Back