News   Jul 09, 2024
 385     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 501     0 

Woodbine Centre

At least Shop-A-Lot doesn't sell ALF merchandise and/or Pogs. No Sega video game consoles are sold there, not even the DreamCast.

Oh, and New Coke isn't sold there.

Shop-A-Lot would be A LOT more (see what I did there?) awesome if they DID sell Pogs and Sega consoles!
There's a great market for retro-gaming (Pogs, not so much) these days.

If you looked hard enough, there ARE video games to be found at Shop-A-Lot. They can be found in a single box
of bargain bin movies and blu rays. Pretty much shovel-ware.

On a serious note, I forgot to mention Shop-A-Lot also sells select food items now. Such as canned items
by Del Monte. I was too scared to check the best before dates on them. But, if the food quality is just as great
as the beverages, Shop-A-Lot might have to change their name to Sh**-A-Lot.

Last edited:
Everyone, this is how "Woodbine Mall" looks like in (Feb 2020)
Screenshot (118).png

Update: Maggiano's now has a "NOW HIRING" sign outside!

I also encountered a magic show in the middle of the mall. Well, it's a mixture of dog tricks (cocker spaniels, poodles), doves
and 90's techno music. Kids can even get pictures with the magicians holding the doves in a basket.

I don't know if the show was daily. They also played "Who let the dogs out" while the poodles formed a congo line.

P.S. I'd like to clarify that I witnessed all of this before sipping on my expired Barq's root beer.

I also encountered a magic show in the middle of the mall. Well, it's a mixture of dog tricks (cocker spaniels, poodles), doves
and 90's techno music. Kids can even get pictures with the magicians holding the doves in a basket.

I don't know if the show was daily. They also played "Who let the dogs out" while the poodles formed a congo line.

P.S. I'd like to clarify that I witnessed all of this before sipping on my expired Barq's root beer.
Maggiano's better open, it's woodbine mall's last hope!

That sign has been there since 2017.

That sign has been there since 2017.

They must have hidden it over the holidays or choose random months to display the now hiring sign (to keep up appearances).
I've also noticed the same number of songs playing during every visit. Almost like they are being played off of the same CD.
Two that come to mind from their constant repeats that I've noticed so far:

Sonique - It feels so good (1998)

Little Boots - Remedy (2009)

They need to establish EV Electonic Vehicles charging station just like other malls. Dufferin, Cloverdale, etc. That will attract more people and also will be something helpful to the environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to establish EV Electonic Vehicles charging station just like other malls. Dufferin, Cloverdale, etc. That will attract more people and also will be something helpful to the environment.

Sorry to burst your bubble but no amount of EV charging stations would attract more people to come here.

If anything the locals would vandalise them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back