News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 392     0 

Woman dies after being struck by bike on sidewalk

“If it’s still too scary for you, maybe you should reconsider your mode of transportataion,” Sgt. Burrows said.

So the 15-year-old should drive instead? What great quote from the sgt.

If our own children have to chose between immobility or putting themselves in danger, then we have failed as a society.

he probably means take the TTC, walk or maybe a scooter. But that's hardly the solution. There should be bike lanes to make it safer. Limiting people's means of transit isn't a good solution. It's just the easy way out for a solution.

Bicycle on sidewalks

I never knew that riding Bicycles on sidewalks is not strictly illegal, until I heard about this woman after being struck by the young cyclist.

I must admit that I sometimes ride on or off the sidewalk depending where I am and where I am headed too, in Scarborough.

When I was in Beijing, China 2007 - the bicycle population over there is astounding. Bicycles were everywhere and you couldn't go without one day seeing a bicycle there. I rode Gamma Foldable bicycle when I was in Beijing, people rode one the street, but some rode on the sidewalk as well. I followed the lead of other cyclists as they rode on the streets of Beijing with heavy traffic and sometimes.

My Bicycle in Beijing:

cimg0047w.jpg

Back