News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 457     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

I'm afraid we may be in for more of these alarms then. I think there are quite a few leaks in the building. One of my windows leaks as well.

That's great, it takes many "thunder storms" to find the leak :) hopefully they fixed the leak toward garage too. (I saw them digging around the turn around circle and that was approx the location of the leak that we saw when we entering the garage)

Did you manage to contact them and put it on your list? cause those not on PDI and they did not add it on the list will not get fixed

I'm afraid we may be in for more of these alarms then. I think there are quite a few leaks in the building. One of my windows leaks as well.

Yep, I told them about it and the builder came to check it out. The response I got was, "Let us know if it happens again and we'll come back". Even though you could clearly see the water mark left by the leak.

Did you manage to contact them and put it on your list? cause those not on PDI and they did not add it on the list will not get fixed

I guess your best bet is to take a photo of it and show them when they come, or if it dry out and they'll have to come back again. Probably a tactic to push things to a later day to fix :p

Yep, I told them about it and the builder came to check it out. The response I got was, "Let us know if it happens again and we'll come back". Even though you could clearly see the water mark left by the leak.

This is really getting old and last nite was a joke, from what I know there is a leak on 7 6 5th floor,the guy who came last nite was a joke he had no idea where the electrical room with the shut off for the alarm,at one point we had no alarm in case there was a real fire.

Sadly we will have to put up with it, regardless if we complain to Alexandra,Tony,Karen or the owner of norstar nothing will be done with anymore than"were looking into it" same norstar story since day 1

I notice lots of cars parking at visitor's parking disappear after the long fire alarm lol, I guess some resident decides to go to visitor's place to have a good night sleep.

Hey, what are everyone's thoughts on obtaining condo insurance? I'm mulling over whether it is necessary or not... At the very least, if I do get insurance, I won't need it until title passes on from builder to me?

Anyone have any thoughts?

I have content insurance, you could talk to your insurance company and tell them you live in a condo which already have building insurance, it is very cheap compare to car insurance. Building insurance is included in our maintenance fee I think.

Hey, what are everyone's thoughts on obtaining condo insurance? I'm mulling over whether it is necessary or not... At the very least, if I do get insurance, I won't need it until title passes on from builder to me?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Does anyone have problem that Norstar keep coming for the same "checking but not fixing" issue? I receive 2 "review the hardwood floors" notice which they've been done almost 2 weeks ago. checking once is not enough? they have to come check twice? lol.

Also I have twice they came without proper tool to fix my issue, and they told me they'll come back next week at a specific day and they never did.

Anyone have similar issue? I don't want my unit being like an open house.

I have content insurance, you could talk to your insurance company and tell them you live in a condo which already have building insurance, it is very cheap compare to car insurance. Building insurance is included in our maintenance fee I think.

Yes, absolutely get content insurance! You have property management who is getting used to a new building, potentially unfamiliar mechanical and plumbing systems for new residents, and developers who still have a lot of suite access. All these factors create risk for damage and theft, so you need to ensure you're covered. And to Marco's point, it's really not very expensive.

I'm in total agreement.

By purchasing content insurance, you can include coverage from damage through no fault of your own that is not building related. For instance, the suite above you can have a water leak, causing damage to your own suite. Also, my insurer mentioned that coverage is inclusive of upgrades that you selected in your purchase.

I currently hold "tenant's insurance", but will convert it to a homeowner's insurance upon final closing. There are slight differences between the two, and the latter is slightly more expensive. You shouldn't have to pay more than $40 / month.

You'd be SOL without content insurance. I'm not sure what happens if you are the cause of say, water damage, but that's why you should cover / insure against that sort of thing.

Yes, absolutely get content insurance! You have property management who is getting used to a new building, potentially unfamiliar mechanical and plumbing systems for new residents, and developers who still have a lot of suite access. All these factors create risk for damage and theft, so you need to ensure you're covered. And to Marco's point, it's really not very expensive.

Hey guys a little of topic, what do you guys think of the rooftop? I don't see bbqs or any seats up there,hopefully there will be some soon,it looks like it's aost done, now if we could the malch out of the parking lot ,lol

Well, thanks for everyone's opinions on condo insurance...

I ended getting a policy just now from TD. It is $13.67 a month.

Just to confirm, the primary heating source is gas?

That's right re. heating source.

Pretty good quote on the insurance :)

Well, thanks for everyone's opinions on condo insurance...

I ended getting a policy just now from TD. It is $13.67 a month.

Just to confirm, the primary heating source is gas?

Hey OEW,

I really love the rooftop actually. The view of the city at night is really spectacular!

I don't think they're done yet as a few new pieces of gym equipmet just appeared this week. Plus, the kitchenette in the party room has no appliances yet, from the last time I saw it. I'm pretty sure they did mention that there would be a barbeque there too. I hope that they put some seating outside. That would be such a great place to sit and have a drink!

Has anyone noticed that our sauna went MIA? We have a library now (wtf) but no sauna. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Hey guys a little of topic, what do you guys think of the rooftop? I don't see bbqs or any seats up there,hopefully there will be some soon,it looks like it's aost done, now if we could the malch out of the parking lot ,lol

Back