News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 502     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey all,

Anyone know what was going on this morning? There was a fire truck and ambulance in the driveway around 6 a.m. and then 2 police cars around 7:00 a.m. Just curious and a little worried.

How's everyone's AC holding up lately?

It seems 2 days ago, my AC is not pushing out cold air and can't hold my temp of 71F. Right now it's a balmy 81F...

Alexandra told me a few days ago that the rooftop would be ready this weekend but was informed again that it's not going to be open, maybe next weekend .... Another norstar delay

Hey OEW,

Thanks for the rooftop update.

Did she say anything about when the "Wilshire Club" and exercise room might be completed as well?

Hey Bruizeman,

The exact same thing happened with my a/c. Facing full sun in the morning was really a bummer for a few days there but Norstar really fixed it quickly once I called Alexandra about the issue. I was also impressed.

It seems it was just my AC unit. Told Norstar about it and they fixed it same day. Impressed.

I went up to the roof on Saturday and saw that they have started putting exercise equipment in the exercise room so they've got to be getting close to finished. Unfortunately, they've also put the fob locks on all of the doors and our key fobs don't open them yet. :( I couldn't see anything else.

Alexandra told me a few days ago that the rooftop would be ready this weekend but was informed again that it's not going to be open, maybe next weekend .... Another norstar delay

I went up to the roof on Saturday and saw that they have started putting exercise equipment in the exercise room so they've got to be getting close to finished. Unfortunately, they've also put the fob locks on all of the doors and our key fobs don't open them yet. :( I couldn't see anything else.

My update from Sunday:

The rooftop garden appears to be mostly done. Just some general cleanup needed. It looks nice.

The fitness room has quite a few cardio machines and strength machines and the machines look like they are the heavy duty ones you'd find at a real gym. They didn't cheap out there. The free weights are there also, and they are the same ones as the YMCA gym.

I plan on working out there tonight :)

FYI - the key fobs do open the locks.

Woo hoo! That is a new development then because my fob didn't work on Saturday.

My update from Sunday:

The rooftop garden appears to be mostly done. Just some general cleanup needed. It looks nice.

The fitness room has quite a few cardio machines and strength machines and the machines look like they are the heavy duty ones you'd find at a real gym. They didn't cheap out there. The free weights are there also, and they are the same ones as the YMCA gym.

I plan on working out there tonight :)

FYI - the key fobs do open the locks.

Hi all,

I just received an email reply from Alexandra after I inquired about when the recreation amenities were going to be completed. She'd spoken to Norstar and they let her know that the exercise room and Wilshire club should be completed and available for use this week.

On another note, does anyone else's A/C unit make quite a bit of noise? The compressor makes a grinding sound, which is annoying.. Maybe it's normal, I don't know... It's kind of like that sound the fridge makes when it wakes up from "sleep" mode.

My A/C does not make a loud noise.

Re. the amenities.....does anyone know if they've put in men's an women's saunas? The Norstar press release posted at .......yourhome.ca (feb. 7/09) stated that amenities would include: ".....lobby area, party room, exercise room and spa area with steam baths and change rooms....."). I assume steam baths means sauna but I can't see any on the 7th floor.

kooch

Hi everyone, it's Monday night June 20...are you guys getting any warm/hot water in your units? Just tried taking a shower and all got was cold water. Was wondering if it's something with my unit or with the building.

Back