News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Yeah the hallway sounds can get quite loud. I can hear quite clearly what's being said out there but the in suite sounds are non existent! I'm thinking my neighbours haven't even moved in yet hah

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am not sure where to post this question. I have a question to residents that have moved into the Wilshire on the Green. I am looking to purchase a unit, but am concerned about noise issues as I have not lived in a condo before. Also, does anyone have any idea about the demongraphics of the residents living at the Wilshire? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Helen,

I don't think you'll have any issues with noise. Re demographic, I don't think the question is that much relevant. I'm not such which ones you are looking for or trying to avoid. When you live in a condo, you can't control who your neighbours are going to be. It is possible that the residents could be all men today and all women 3 years from now, for example. If you are new to condo living, I would advise you to focus on other attributes, such as location, etc.

Hey guys

I don't know about you guys,but the towel rack in the bathroom and tp holder look old and ugly, has anyone taken off the towel rack? If so how? Did you peel off the wall paper? What is the best way?

Also anyone here any news on the chutes or amenities? Would have been great this weekend for the rooftop,maybe Canada day long weekend...hum

Hey OEW,

I HATE those towel bars, tp holders and soap holders in the bathrooms. I ripped the towel racks off right away and put one on the back of my door instead. The drywall got damaged but I just puttied over it. Looks as good as new now!

I'm also excited for the amenities to be done. I can't wait to start running in the exercise room! The view is really amazing from there.

Hey guys

I don't know about you guys,but the towel rack in the bathroom and tp holder look old and ugly, has anyone taken off the towel rack? If so how? Did you peel off the wall paper? What is the best way?

Also anyone here any news on the chutes or amenities? Would have been great this weekend for the rooftop,maybe Canada day long weekend...hum

Hi guys,

Long time....hows everyone doing?

does anyone know anyone who can put up drape rods? been waiting for 3 weeks but cat find anyone to do it at a reasonable price. our first floor walls have concrete in the walls and we cant drill with a simple drill....one guy came in a gave up. if any of u know someone who can do it please let me know....u can send me a private message if you donbt want to post on the forum Thanks!

Hi guys, haven't been on here for a while, have been busy with work and trying to network all the rooms in my unit. After much work it finally I got every room a network cable, and put a network switch up at the "entertainment centre". For those that's more handy, you could do this with fish tape to feed wires (make sure you use existing wire to pull fish tape in) or using the existing strings that they left inside (some of the conduits doesn't have the wire so I have to use fish tape). it is confirmed that one conduit can feed with 2 cable and 2 network cables. For those who don't want the hassle, you can hire someone to do this, but it might be quite expensive with all the labour and cost of network wires.

For those who's interested in the detail, sent me a message and I'll share my info.

Hi Maple,

Yeah drilling through concrete is a headache, you need more powerful drill to do it fast, but if you have the patient, you can use hand drill to complete the task because it drill very slow. I only managed to drill a hole that's deep enough to hold my stove from tipped off.

I'm surprised that you called someone and they can't complete the task, maybe you should mention to them that they need to drill through concrete to finish the task.

Hi guys,

Long time....hows everyone doing?

does anyone know anyone who can put up drape rods? been waiting for 3 weeks but cat find anyone to do it at a reasonable price. our first floor walls have concrete in the walls and we cant drill with a simple drill....one guy came in a gave up. if any of u know someone who can do it please let me know....u can send me a private message if you donbt want to post on the forum Thanks!

Hey guys

At this point I have heard the place will be registered July, but my question is aside from the mortage and lawyer fees do we still owe norstar any money when we get possession of the unit? My lawyer is on vacation for a week so I'm wondering if anyone here know?

Oew

Hey guys

At this point I have heard the place will be registered July, but my question is aside from the mortage and lawyer fees do we still owe norstar any money when we get possession of the unit? My lawyer is on vacation for a week so I'm wondering if anyone here know?

Oew

Hey OEW,

On final closing, there will be adjustment costs that each unit owner will have to pay to the builder, through our lawyers. What these costs are will be known by your lawyer first, once he/she receives a statement from the Norstar lawyer. The adjustments include education levies, development costs, and likely a couple of months' worth of maintenance fees to build the condo's reserve funds, among many others.

Also, we'll each be required to pay BOTH the Ontario Land Transfer Tax AND the City of Toronto's Land Transfer Tax. For example, if the condo unit purchase price was $200,000, then the land transfer taxes would be $1725.00 x 2 = $3450. We would pay these taxes to our lawyer upon closing. On top of that will be the lawyer fees to complete the real estate transaction, plus a few other things, like title insurance.

Check out this website that I found for more info on closing costs and land transfer taxes in Toronto:

http://www.homelegalcost.com/ltt.asp?calc=1

As you can see, the final closing amount will be quite substantial. That's why I'm not so eager to get the condo registered too soon. The later it registers, the more time we have to save extra $ for the closing costs. Remember, we're actually paying a reduced amount to occupy our units, because we're only paying Norstar the interest portion of our balance, plus the maintenance fees, and estimated property taxes, both of which are fixed costs. Once we get the notice for final closing, we're expected to pay whatever closing costs get calculated for each owner, and then start mortgage payments to our banks (principal + interest), plus maintenance fee & property tax.

By the way, did you get the time frame of July from Norstar directly?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Nels_to

Has anyone called Karen on a ballpark idea of what we have to pay norstar at closing? I'm sure they have a idea. And also first time home buyers don't pay the Ontario land transfer tax, but what about Toronto land transfer tax?
Anyone who did call or has some sort of idea that would be helpful for all of us.

Looks like it's a busy week out front on the landscaping, as the fence and other stuff are coming along,would not advise anyone to park outside close to timmys .

Also for the July registration,I mention the rooftop, I hope for the Canada day long weekend.

Oew

Thanks Nels_to

Has anyone called Karen on a ballpark idea of what we have to pay norstar at closing? I'm sure they have a idea. And also first time home buyers don't pay the Ontario land transfer tax, but what about Toronto land transfer tax?
Anyone who did call or has some sort of idea that would be helpful for all of us.

Looks like it's a busy week out front on the landscaping, as the fence and other stuff are coming along,would not advise anyone to park outside close to timmys .

Also for the July registration,I mention the rooftop, I hope for the Canada day long weekend.

Oew

Hey OEW,

First-time home buyers in Toronto also will get relief from the Toronto Land Transfer Tax (as long as your purchase price is < $400k). See here:

http://www.homelegalcost.com/landtransfertaxtoronto.asp

I don't think Karen would know about any of the closing costs, since she's the after sales customer rep. while Jessica handles the contracts / agreements. If we didn't get our occupancy fee figures from either one, I doubt we'll find out about final closing adjustments until our lawyers receive something from the Norstar lawyer.

Nels,

This is awesome info! Thank you so much for researching it.

Did anyone else get the notices posted on their doors yesterday? There was a whole slew of information about not leaving garbage in the chute room, respecting common areas, pets being kept on leashes, etc. On the bottom left of that page there was a note that the building was expected to be registered in the fall, not July.

Hey OEW,

First-time home buyers in Toronto also will get relief from the Toronto Land Transfer Tax (as long as your purchase price is < $400k). See here:

http://www.homelegalcost.com/landtransfertaxtoronto.asp

I don't think Karen would know about any of the closing costs, since she's the after sales customer rep. while Jessica handles the contracts / agreements. If we didn't get our occupancy fee figures from either one, I doubt we'll find out about final closing adjustments until our lawyers receive something from the Norstar lawyer.

Hi Marco,

Finnaly found a good guy who actually did the job....i have my drapes up now =). It was a tough job though.

Hi Maple,

Yeah drilling through concrete is a headache, you need more powerful drill to do it fast, but if you have the patient, you can use hand drill to complete the task because it drill very slow. I only managed to drill a hole that's deep enough to hold my stove from tipped off.

I'm surprised that you called someone and they can't complete the task, maybe you should mention to them that they need to drill through concrete to finish the task.

Hi Marco,

Finally found a good guy who actually did the job....i have my drapes up now =). It was a tough job though.

Hi Maple,

Back