News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Here are the latest pics of the common areas!

Attachments

• Hallway.jpg
    Hallway.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Exercise Room 2.jpg
    Exercise Room 2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Party Room.jpg
    Party Room.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Lobby 2.jpg
    Lobby 2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Lobby 1.jpg
    Lobby 1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Lobby 3.jpg
    Lobby 3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Sauna.jpg
    Sauna.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Exercise Room 1.jpg
    Exercise Room 1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 192
Hey Koff,

My 30 day form was long as well..I submitted somewhere around 42 items that I would like them to fix including my countertop, scratches on my floors and paint on my carpets....hopefully they fix everything. On another note, one night when I came home I decided to see if I could make it to the rooftop....I did and there was a door slightly open....nice view...the party room looks nice as well....cant wait to see it finished.

By the way, i will be submitting my 30 Day Tarion form in 2 weeks and my list is getting longer by the day; I think I'll need a few more pens. The main issues right now are the many scratches on the walls and the "bubbled-up" laminate all over the unit. I am requesting a paint job for the entire unit. Have you guys submitted a lot of items?

Sorry, I seem to remember seeing something about someone doing alarm system installation on here, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to search this thread only...

Does anyone have that info?

Hey guys

Looks like the landscaping is gonna start out front,Alexandra said the chutes for garbage and ect should be ready this mth, can't wait for the the rooftop to be done.

Anyone sick of these dam flyers shoved in our doors?

What's new with you guys?

Hey guys if your tired of paying "rent" for a condo we all bought, well I have heard that our place won't be registered until end of fall, when will this end? I'm sick of the norstar two-step, we have got to do something ? I say put flyers all over the condo lol.but seriously this sucks

What do we do?

There's nothing really we can do. The Max is one year. You may consult with your lawyer on your options if you wish but do know that norstarcan doesn't get paid either so I doubt they would deliberately delay.

There's nothing really we can do. The Max is one year. You may consult with your lawyer on your options if you wish but do know that norstarcan doesn't get paid either so I doubt they would deliberately delay.

I agree with Bruizeman. The city will be the deciding factor in this equation. Norstar surely would like to get their millions from all of our collective purchases sooner rather than later.

Although we are paying a "phantom rent" / "occupancy fee", we're actually currently paying a lower amount than what we will be paying to our own lenders after the condo registers, because we'll each have our own mortgages to deal with, meaning we'll be paying both principal AND interest on our loans. So, let's take this period of time of paying the rent, and put away the difference towards the unknown closing costs that we'll all face upon registration.

Regardless of whether we're paying rent or a mortgage, the fixed costs are maintenance fees, property taxes and the electric bill. At first I wasn't thrilled about the thought of paying rent either, but after some thought, it does delay the final closing date, which will let us save more money for that final lump sum we'll all face.

I agree with Bruizeman. The city will be the deciding factor in this equation. Norstar surely would like to get their millions from all of our collective purchases sooner rather than later.

Although we are paying a "phantom rent" / "occupancy fee", we're actually currently paying a lower amount than what we will be paying to our own lenders after the condo registers, because we'll each have our own mortgages to deal with, meaning we'll be paying both principal AND interest on our loans. So, let's take this period of time of paying the rent, and put away the difference towards the unknown closing costs that we'll all face upon registration.

Regardless of whether we're paying rent or a mortgage, the fixed costs are maintenance fees, property taxes and the electric bill. At first I wasn't thrilled about the thought of paying rent either, but after some thought, it does delay the final closing date, which will let us save more money for that final lump sum we'll all face.

Nels_TO, those are excellent points. Let's hope there are no major issues re the delay.

I agree with Nels and Bruizeman as well. Right now we're saving on maintenance fees and the difference between our mortgage price and interest. Put the money aside that you're saving now and you can put it towards your closing costs later.

Norstar isn't going to delay longer than they have to at this point because they are spending money out of their pocket while we're in occupancy. It all depends on how long it takes the city to register the building.

Hi everyone i found this a while ago and have been reading as I have a unit at whilshire and i am really surprised to see so many complaints against the builder and karen in karen - i have only had positive experience with everyone i have dealt with including karen tony jessica and others , it only seems like a few of you have problems from what i have read
wish all of you the best and hope to meet with all of you

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am not sure where to post this question. I have a question to residents that have moved into the Wilshire on the Green. I am looking to purchase a unit, but am concerned about noise issues as I have not lived in a condo before. Also, does anyone have any idea about the demongraphics of the residents living at the Wilshire? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Helen,

I can honestly say that noise has not been an issue for me at all. I can't speak for anyone else though. I can hear people in the hall if they're having a conversation but that happens very rarely. None of my neighbours disturb me in the slightest.

As for the demographic, I have seen a variety of people really. Different ages, cultures, marital statuses, etc. It's really quite a mixed bag. I hope this is helpful to you!

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am not sure where to post this question. I have a question to residents that have moved into the Wilshire on the Green. I am looking to purchase a unit, but am concerned about noise issues as I have not lived in a condo before. Also, does anyone have any idea about the demongraphics of the residents living at the Wilshire? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back